Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need suggestions: How to make 1 page end user editable

I am making a web site for a customer that will sell sporting equipment. The home page, contact page and several others will not change, but the customer needs the ability to upload a list of items on one sale page that will change often.

Does anyone know of a way that I can embed one page that the customer can modify himself via some EASY to use method, program or web service. (he is not computer savvy) An eBay widget would be perfect, however he will be listing firearms and they can not be listed on ebay.

Is there a way for the customer to make his list in Word and upload that page to his web site?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Default Re: Need suggestions: How to make 1 page end user editable

I'm sure this is not the slick answer you're probably looking for,
    but I've set up several church websites using XWD and had a page link to a blog I'd created for the purpose. Inside the blog you can give him editing rights (along with yourself) and he can upload text, pix, sounds etc. It's a simple fix that doesn't cost anything. You can put a header on the blog that matches his (your) website.
    Worked many times for me...
    Gramps
    Hillsboro OHIO USA

If he saves it as a web page and can upload it to the server then you can use an iframe to display it within one of your pages.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps Curtis View Post
    I'm sure this is not the slick answer you're probably looking for,
    but I've set up several church websites using XWD and had a page link to a blog I'd created for the purpose. Inside the blog you can give him editing rights (along with yourself) and he can upload text, pix, sounds etc. It's a simple fix that doesn't cost anything. You can put a header on the blog that matches his (your) website.
    Worked many times for me...
    Gramps
    Hillsboro OHIO USA
    I have used the same approach, also in a church website, and it works well. Giving various organisations in a blog environment empowers them as well.