Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Microsoft PDF Won't Print Some Letters

Never saw this one before. I downloaded an XP network tutorial in pdf from Microsoft, and printed it out to give to my son. Some letters are missing in the printed document, and no matter what I try they still come up blank. Tried printing black ink only, etc. but always the same letters, f,i,t, but not all the f,i,t in the document. It's not a huge problem, but it makes it a little difficult to read for someone who is not familiar with networking and le sharing (file sharing)

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Microsoft PDF Won't Print Some Letters

That is a bizarre one, have you tried opening the document in Xara and printing from there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I never saw this ...can't understand what is the matter?

I think this happens when the application does not contain the fonts that are in the document. Try printing the pdf as an image.

Search for this problem on internet showed many hits dealing with the same issue. Sometimes the software that creates the PDF doesn't embed the fonts used in the doc so printer tries to substitute. If it can't find a substitute the printer just skips it. This could be what is causing it. The other thing I saw a lot of people suggest is to make sure the printer drivers are up-to-date by the manufacturer. Don't really understand all the technical stuff, but it appears you are not alone out there.
    Joe