Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default How can I accept user files (printready artwork PDF's) through my website?

Hi,

I'm currently setting up my business website and just hit a major obstacle!
    I am a print company and need to accept print-ready PDF's from clients who can just upload it via my site. This would also require a 'browse' button.
    Is there a way that this can be done? I can't seem to find anything on the forum.
    I'm guessing I'd require an ftp for this to be done but can't figure it out.

Many thanks
    Tommy

Default Re: How can I accept user files (printready artwork PDF's) through my website?

Hi Tommy, check with your web host about setting up an area for people to be able to upload files. This is something done on the server and not by simply creating a page for your site.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: How can I accept user files (printready artwork PDF's) through my website?

There are lots of file uploader scripts available on the web which can be embedded into a Xara page using placeholders. Most of them require the page to have a PHP extension and of course PHP support at your host.
    I've used SFU (Simple File Upload) and Uber Uploader with success in the past, both are free scripts.
    I've also looked at the free uploader form from Zubrag.com, looks promising but haven't had a need for it just yet

Hi,
    Thank you both for the info, very helpful!
    Sledger, I'll give those names you mentioned a try this week and see how I get on.
    Cheers