Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Configuring a photo gallery widget

Hi All,

In the Design Gallery, under "Photo Galleries", I would like to use something like Gallery1. But I only need 7 thumbnails for the 7 pictures I want included. And I would like these all in a single row.

How do I change the number of photos in the widget, and how do I change the layout (so all 7 are in a single row).

Thanks,
    Paul

Default Re: Configuring a photo gallery widget

Drag the gallery1 from the Designs gallery to your page (or double-click to open it)
    Select it then go to Arrange>>Remove Soft group.
    Delete all but the 7 you want, rearrange as desired, then select all and go to Arrange>>Apply Softgroup

Thanks Sledger. That worked great. So easy when you know how!
    One other question - it looks like my pictures (which are actually maps of rides the local cycle club does) are resized much smaller. I was hoping the popup picture, once the user clicks the thumbnail would be original size. Is there any way to stop the resizing of the pictures when dropping them onto the photo galleries widget?

Cheers,
    Paul

Remove the soft group again, SHIFT+CLICK each thumbnail photo (selects each one in turn as a group), right-click and choose 'Web Properties' then choose the Link tab. Click the 'Settings' button to the right of the Pop-up photo: radio button then where it says' Pop-up width: 500 change to the pixel width you want, then press 'Apply'.

This will change all photos to the new size. If your need each to be a different full size, you must repeat the steps for each individual photos rather than the SHIFT+CLICK step.

When done, you may reapply the softgroup.

Hi Sledger,

excellent. Works exactly as I hoped it would. Thanks heaps for the help. much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Paul