Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Google Chrome Error

Hi Folks,

I am setting up a calendar for a website I'm building. It runs fine in Explorer but when I try to run it in Chrome I get the attached error.

Is anyone able to let me know what I need to do to fix the problem?

Thanks for any help rendered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Google Chrome Error.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	88640  
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Default Re: Google Chrome Error

Not sure this is a Xara related question Ed being as there is no calendar in Xara?
    Is it a widget you have from somewhere? Can you show us the widget or the code? Which Xara version are you building your site with, WD or DP?
    Maybe some more details if possible or even a file attached would help.

Hi Steve,

It's only related to Xara in that it works well in Explorer but you're probably right.....it could be the calendar from CoffeeCup that won't work properly in Google Chrome. I've put the following code in Xara Designer Pro 7....It's in a placeholder in the head section as per earlier suggestions....

<script src="calendar/javascript/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>
    <link media="screen" rel="stylesheet" href="calendar/stylesheets/colorbox.css" />
    <link media="screen" rel="stylesheet" href="calendar/stylesheets/monthstyles.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="calendar/javascript/jquery.colorbox-min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="calendar/javascript/jquery.text-overflow.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="calendar/javascript/behavior.js"></script>

Also, the index.htm file calls the calendar.html file....the index.htm file was created by Xara, the calendar.html file was created by the calendar program.

Hope that helps some....

Just another thought....perhaps Google Chrome expects this to be on a server, not a local drive....thoughts Steve?

Thanks,

No, if it works in one browser on the local machine it should work in all.
    I'll DL the trial and have look, meanwhile - disable any chrome extensions and see it that helps.

Well, you nailed it Ed! - CoffeeCup Web Calendar in fact does NOT work on the local machine in Google Chrome but does when published;
    View in Chrome ► http://goo.gl/xhDmK

I'm not even going to check the source to see why, this is something for CoffeCup support so I suggest you contact them and ask them about it.
    Incidentally, it works fine locally in Safari which is a little odd as Safari and Chrome are both built with WebKit..

Thanks Steve,

I remembered something from a couple years ago that was something like this (on Talkgraphics), that's why I made the suggestion.

I'll contact CoffeeCup support and let them know they have a little housekeeping to do.

Thanks for your investigative skills and solution Steve,
    Last edited by Karateed; 08 April 2012 at 08:29 AM.

Hi Steve,

Just to let you know, I've had a response from CC and they say they will look at it but any fixes would likely come on an upgrade.....which means more money....they must have checked and saw I bought on the $9.99 system or something, a bargain price for a bargain piece of software but other than that glitch which really won't affect me much, it seem straight forward and easy to implement in Xara.....

Cheers Ed..