Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repel text under

I'm very new at this any help will really help. I selected a web template and I want to ad a image to the page. To test it I selected a image from the bitmap gallery. I draged it over to the page with text on it. I then right clicked the image and selected Repel text under. My problem is that the image covers the text and the text doesn't wrap around the image. Am I doing this correctly?

Default Re: Repel text under

make sure the image is in front of the text - arrange - bring to front - also resize it down to be say a corner of the text - if that fails make sure the text hasnt got repel text applied to it

:-)

I tried what you said Trukkerz, but no go. I tried this on a page where they had images where the text was repel under the image and it was working with them. Any other suggestions?

make sure you are dragging an image onto the same layer as the text

@trukkerz:
    Doesn't have to be the same layer, only a layer above the layer the text is on.

@Dave1530:
    Make sure the text is a text columm or text area, it won't work with text simply typed on the page and hard returns for new lines.

If all else fails, attach your xara file to your next post so we can see what you are seeing

cheerz sledger i didnt realise that - but i do now :-) thanks

Thanks Sledger once I put the text as a text area it worked fine. Many thanks to all, and also the quick reply