Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I transfer a bitmap fill?

Background.
    About five years ago I had to prepare a series of cave maps and one of the caves was in granite. I needed to have the geological symbol for granite as a fill for use in the various cross sections. OK. I made the fill (a random scattering of "V"s) and used it. And kept the file, lets call it A.

Switch to now. I am making a map of an arch that I explored last year. The map is almost finished and I need the fill again. This is map B.

My question is how to I get the fill out of map A so as I can use it in Map B?

I know the answer is possibly very simple but not obvious to me. I have tried a workaround which involved importing the whole map A into Map B and then removing the original. This worked but seems really kludgy.

Any help is welcome.

cheers, Erik

Default Re: How do I transfer a bitmap fill?

Hi Erik, you can open the Map A file then open the Map B file.

Select your Map B and open the Bitmap Gallery. Click the Map A to exand it in the Gallery select the Granite bitmap then click the Fill button. You can now close the Map A file.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

My method: Select the bitmap fill with the Fill Tool. On the Fill Tiling drop down list, select Repeating.

Copy the bitmap fill to the clipboard (Edit > Copy).

Select the shape to which you wish to copy the fill (it needs to be a solid filled vector shape) and Edit > Paste Attributes.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi, I often use Bill's (soquili) method but I have all objects in file B that require the fill selected and when I click fill they will all receive the fill at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.