Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Artistic joy on a tablet@ Albacore

You are allowed to start your own threads Stygg!

Thanks for hijacking this one.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    You are allowed to start your own threads Stygg!

Thanks for hijacking this one.
    I am aware I can start a new thread but seeing as the advice I was seeking was about the software mentioned in this thread I assumed it would be ok, and you don't have to be sarcastic with the thank you for hijacking, if it offends you so much please ask the moderator to remove my post. No wonder new members won't post a question, for fear of posting in the wrong thread and having people like you on the quick to admonish them. Have a nice day!

Stygg

Stygg, I was grumpy, that's for sure, but with over a thousand post you aren't a newbie, so should know better.

No wonder new members won't post a question, for fear of posting in the wrong thread
    I think there's no evidence of that - TG is a very friendly place.

people like you on the quick to admonish them
    It's very rarely that I admonish anybody, so consider yourself priviledged. People get treated very well here.

Hijacking threads is just bad manners, though.

Anyway, enough is enough. Us two grumpy so and so's can let the rest of TG be now, I think.

"Anyway, enough is enough. Us two grumpy so and so's can let the rest of TG be now, I think".

I totally agree Paul, I apologize for being so hasty but without causing any problems, can you or anyone give any advice to my questions in #20.

Stygg

I will keep this short as possible. With the Wacom by the best that you can afford, not too big. Download the 30 day trial for Sketch Book Pro and see what you think for the PC. Also you might be as well to buy a Android tablet as some of them are as cheap as your Wacom will be, then you can try Paper 57 and others. You will have the benefit of a mobile computer and a sketch pad and you will experience the joy that Paul is talking about.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I would imagine that a cheap android might be a bit of a gamble - some of them aren't great in terms of touch sensitivity - I didn't even know Paper 57 existed outside of the iPad.

Looking around at the stylus market ( for iPad anyway ) opinions seem all over the place. For the moment I've ordered a cheapo one TeckNet 2 in 1 Micro-Knit Fabric Tip Capacitive Touch Screen Stylus Pen and Fine Ball Pen

- excuse the copy and paste font - ( I have plenty of 'free' ones that are rubbish ) and some people seem to think that some models can make you end up scratching the screen if used without care.

Thanks very much to Albacore and Paul for your feedback with regard to #20. I think I will buy to start with a Wacom and download the 30 day trial of SketchBook. Thank you both for your advice and recommendations

Stygg