Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Artistic joy on a tablet

Paul, I don't think that Sonoferin's comments were intended to be taken in a negative way.

Paul - Wacom is a tablet. iPad is also called a tablet. But their uses are very different. That was my only point.

I agree that drawing on an iPad tablet can be fun and portable. The the Paper app is elegantly simple and I should think with a proper stylus it would be similar to carrying a sketch book.

I've just revisited the http://www.fiftythree.com sitee and now I am in love. This company seriously knows how to market in style and have some cool products.

I am on the lookout for a tame TGer in the USA I can send some money to who will buy and send me a pencil.. ..any volunteers with a paypal account? ;-)

Late in coming to this but if the ipad is good enough for David Hockney then it's more that good enough for the rest of us. Whether it's a super accurate wacom pad or an android or ios tablet, or a piece of paper or canvas, at the end of the day it is the creative behind it that matters.

Anyway the 53 pencil looks an amazing device, the excelent galaxy note has something similar (probably not as advanced and certainly not as good looking). Btw, what a great website they've created to showcase it.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Yes, I'm just stunned by the way they're going about their business and I think the custom printing of a book (maybe not cheap) is just the icing on the cake.

I just want one of those pencils. I've just migrated from an iPad 1 to an iPad Air and the pencil is just the thing to get me scribbling badly again.

Would you believe I already have that program. It might be a personal preference but I like Procreate better. If you haven't seen it you might look at it. Sorry I do not have a link available at the moment.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Paul I use this programme occasionally for quick notes and sketches which are to easy to produce and send if you have a connected device. The big problem is the way that it saves into Drop Box and my iPad can only connect to Wi-Fi so if I am out and about and I do more than 1 sketch some are lost. I prefer Sketch Book Pro or Adobe Ideas but Paper has the best user interface of any of the ones that I have used. Most of these apps. are just down to personal preference. The Pen Tool in Adobe's Ideas does vectors but using it as a vector drawing board is nearly impossible as handles for the nodes are a devil to manipulate with the current styluses or finger.
    Design is thinking made visual.

if I am out and about and I do more than 1 sketch some are lost.

Why? You aren't forced to use drop box, and even drop box shouldn't be upset by a lack of connectivity.

I haven't used drop box with my iPad.

Do you use a stylus Albacore?

Yep, I am forced to use drop box with the app to save the drawings using my paper book. Yes I use a stylus, I hate using my big clumsy fingers to draw as I can't see what I am drawing under my finger. Use a Wacom Bamboo stylus which works well the tip is very slightly smaller than others and it has a nice balance to the pen, well made. Also got the Jot Pro so that I can see the line that I am drawing as the tip has a transparent disc but it doesn't slide across the screen well so it's swings and roundabouts. I thought I could use the pad to sketch with outside as the weather in my part of Scotland is wet. Not sure if it works that well as when it does rain, I don't want the pad to get that wet and when the suns out can't see the bloody screen. Gone back to paper again and I just scan my sketches in and digitally paint using Sketch Book Pro 6 on the PC. Most times just do the sketches on paper. ---- take a few pics, ---- get the water colours and masking paint out at home, ----- get that warm glow of satisfaction when its done.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Artistic joy on a tablet@ Albacore

Slightly off topic Albacore but I am hoping you could please advise me as to what Wacom tablet to purchase, or any other, for someone like me who as never used a tablet and pen before. I am also very interested in the SketchBook Pro 6 you mentioned in your post, after visiting their page, it looks like a good software to have so a combination of the latter two and Xara, which I've used since 2006, sounds like a good investment ? Any advice or recommendations would be most welcome.

Stygg