Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default CorelDraw color missmatch

I am using CorelDraw11 for most of my designing work, which I then publish to pdf to be printed with my Roland VersaCamm Large format printer.
    I now came across a strange thing: I have a corel file with different colour swaps. When I copy a specific color swap via copy/paste from this file into a new graphic, (in this case C70;M0;Y20;K0), It will eventually print in a different color than if I simply draw a box and put the values in the fill color dialogue.
    In my case, the copied color prints blue/turquoise, but the drawn from scratch-color prints green, even if I put the two color blocks in one file on one page next to each other. (both say CMYK 70;0;20;0, but the colors differ in the print.) Can anybody tell me how this can happen? My corel color management is switched off, and the file containing both color swaps is exported to pdf before being printed.

Default Re: CorelDraw color missmatch

Hello Theo--welcome.

Nope, cannot tell you why/what is happening. I can say that the copied blue/turquoise version would be what is correct, though. If the "natively" entered values are a green hue, that would be incorrect for the 70,0,20,0 values.

Last CD version I used before X6 was 10. Skipped the rest. Do you have Acrobat? If so, check the color values in the PDF. If you do not have Acrobat, can you upload a PDF and or also a CD file demonstrating the issue? ZIP them both together if possible and then upload them.

Mike

Working in 2 different colour areas, RGB canvas (artboard) then exporting. When exporting using PDF this will change the colour space from RGB to CMYK therefore changing the values.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi Albacore
    Yes, after searching the properties, I found that somehow the original color swatches are "seen" as spot colors, while the separately entered values are not. Now i have put my settings when publishing to pdf on "preserve spot colours" AND output all object as RGB. I think this is where the missmatch then comes in. I then switched to CMYK export and now the print looks same.
    Thanks, guys.

Even though I cannot help with CorelDraw, I just wanted to say welcome to Talkgraphics Theo.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Tutorials are always a great source to learn any software. I learned it from online reading [commercial link removed by moderator]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 05 February 2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: New users are not permitted links to commercial sites