Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Object Rotation Buttons

I would like a couple of buttons. 90 degree rotation, -90 degree rotation, and 180 degree rotation. Typically, I type in the value and then hit enter.

While some might complain these buttons are obtrusive, or the same results can be achieved by the control button and mouse dragging, what I would like is to have these and other functions(convert line to shape for example) as buttons in the button palette.

I spend a lot of time arranging my setup to be as efficient as possible for what I do. If these buttons are available, I will make use of them.
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Object Rotation Buttons

You can set up shortcut keys for Rotate 90 degress (left or right) and Convert line to shape in the Customize key shortcuts, Sheff?

Default Re: Object Rotation Buttons

Steve,

Thanks for letting me know that rotation is available in the shortcut keys. That's handy.

I used to have Convert Line to Shape setup as a shortcut key and mapped to my nostromo52te, but then it broke and I reinstalled and had forgotten I had done that. I had to revert back to my nostromo n52 and forgot re-map the shortcut to the old driver.

What I actually would prefer is a toggle state button that continually adds to the shape. So if I were to draw a line, when I stopped drawing it, it would automatically become a shape without me having to take further action. Then when I drew another line, the same thing would occur, but the shape I just drew and the shape I drew before would union into one continuous shape. Having to stop, press a button after every stroke to convert it is counter intuitive. I supposed I could draw all the lines, select them, convert them as a group into shapes and then union them into a single shape, but still, this is a lot of steps for something that should be easy.
    Sheff
    My Site