Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Changing colour

Hello Everybody...

Why is something like this so difficult in Paint-Shop? I have a transparent gif and need to touch-up the background some.
    According to that eye-dropper thingie.... my background is color numbered "1" on the list.
    O.K. Cool. Paint Shop wants to put all the colours on a materials pallett, I can that!
    ....pick the forecolor box and double click gives me that indexed list and I can pick #1 for myself, right?
    No.. of course not.
    How do I pick a color based on its list number and associate that with the brush?

Thanks
    Paul
    IP

Hello Everybody...

Why is something like this so difficult in Paint-Shop? I have a transparent gif and need to touch-up the background some.
    According to that eye-dropper thingie.... my background is color numbered "1" on the list.
    O.K. Cool. Paint Shop wants to put all the colours on a materials pallett, I can that!
    ....pick the forecolor box and double click gives me that indexed list and I can pick #1 for myself, right?
    No.. of course not.
    How do I pick a color based on its list number and associate that with the brush?

Thanks
    Paul
    IP

Hi Paul,

Using the "color thingie" (a.k.a., eye-dropper), the simplest way to select a color is to left-click (foreground) or right-click (background) the eye-dropper on the color you want to select. There's no need to wade through the pallette.

But if you want to select a color by pallette number, enter the Materials Properties utilitity and notice a "Pallette Index" value and that one of the colored squares has a black border. The index is the number of the bordered square. Select (click) another square to select it and to change the index number.
    IP