Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Extract unprocessed PNG from XAR file?

Quote Originally Posted by M4R5 View Post
    Also is it possible to use the Panorama tool outside of the main Xara environment? From the pop-up that appears when you invoke the command it seems like it is a separate utility.
    That's right. You can find the PanoramaStudio shortcut in the Xara folder (Start Menu/All Programs).

The OP appears to be using P&GD6 according to his profile page, Boy.
    I don't believe there is a PanoramaStudio as a standalone program included in that version, only the installed mpano.dll in the application's root folder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mpano.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	88606

Although the included pano maker is good, I personally think Microsoft's free ICE is much better

Thanks for correcting my reply, sledger.

Thanks Gerry, this answers my question perfectly. I just came back to this page to see how I'd done it last time and I saw your reply. It's actually very intuitive and I should have worked that out on my own.

(I also skimmed many unhelpful "why?" and "you don't need to do that" replies all from the same person)

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I personally think Microsoft's free ICE is much better
    Thanks man, ICE looks neat and I'll give it a go. I use Hugin myself these days and I rate it highly.

Hi Sledger and M4R5.

I started using Microsoft ICE several years ago and at that time it was infinitely faster than Xara and it could handle multiple photos (up to ten at least). When I tried Xara on that sort of scenario it went away and sulked in cyberspace. I also wanted to do vertical panoramas of rock climbs and the like. Xara did not like these either and it was very fiddly to get them to work. ICE just took them and combined them vertical, horizontal whatever.

Routinely I panoramarise two or three photos and ICE does them very quickly.

I have to qualify the above by saying that Xara may be better now and I have not used Hugin.

cheers, Erik