Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

Thanks, Mike.

What you posted in indeed one glyph, I believe. It's supposed to tile. FYI, the wide, tiling glyphs I tried to put in the caps region, like DEFG and so on.

Can you point me to the vfb file on this thread, or email it to my personal account? I can looky see, but I do not want to post a correction if it needs one, will not. That's up to BILL at this point until he tells me to push off.

-g-
    Last edited by Gare; 18 April 2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Bill, not Bob I'm lousy with names

I used Bill's last VFB file to look-see.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...543#post439543

Take care, Mike

Who's Bob?

@ Christine BILL, sorry, and I've done this twice. Bill Taylor is Soquili online, Bob Taylor is iamtheblues and did last month's guest tutorial.

They're both Taylors, and I'm a tinker, okay?

-g-

@Mike: that is not a mistake. Bill needs to do nothing. The symbol in the capital J glyph is correct as is, no changes.

-g-

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    that Bob is the designated coder from now on and he alone makes posts, that he check, and if indeed we got two J's, let Bob spot the dupe, hopefully the one he doesn't delete is approximately 650 units high because that's what I strove for, and he can add Christine's and the ones I uploaded and attached earlier.
    That sounds good to me but,

what does
    he alone makes posts.
    mean?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry, I think what Gary means is that Bill is now the person to make any corrections / alterations and post the results. We ended up with a few in-progress versions and also compiled font versions by various people and it will be best if Bill alone does it now that we are <--> this close to being done.

Take care, Mike

OK thanks
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I Larry Leiker, as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following fonts, Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG. otf and Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG.ttf, I grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose

Larry E. Leiker USA
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Sorry for being AWOL for most of the morning. Life gets in the way sometimes and homeowners know how unexpected emergencies can happen.

It will be awhile before I can look over the extra glyphs and fit them into the font files. Sometime this evening I would expect.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok so Mike is doing the PDF key guide, I am doing some PNG examples, we still need a volunteer to do a read me file, this can be a simple plain text file ( you can use notepad or wordpad, or I believe Mike mentioned Notepad++ a free open source editor elsewhere on the forums.

Once we have a final (really final ) version of the font and all the source materials are ready I'll package them up in a zip file and post them in our Gallery and start a font play thread.

I am also going to do a youtube video demo of a quick and easy project using the font in Designer Pro, but I am waiting to use the actual finalized font for this so depending on my schedule it may be a day or two before I have it done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.