Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments tg: Final Countdown!

Turned out really, really nice, Gary. Well done to you and Bill for the clean up and to everyone who made the glyphs!

(I added the whole glyph back in <g>. Computer runs fine with XDP, AI and ID, and PP all running full font sample docs I have all at once.)

Take care, Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-17 12-23-55_Xara Designer Pro 7 - [Untitled1 _].png 
Views:	88 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	88854

More power to you, then, Mike.

I don't think I had anything else running, although I got a prima donna for a vid card, optimized for video and 3D, not for 32-bit font apps.

Actually, rendering typefaces to screen is phenomenally processor-intensive. You see how small a preview Windows CharMap gives you? Other engineers swap in their own rendering engines to increase font size, but I'll be darned if I could get your glyph into the font set AND export it successfully.

I must be gifted at something other than font building.

I must.

-g-

No worries, Gary. It was a challenge--I am nothing if not (stupidly) stubborn.

I read this in a book somewhere. I forgot who wrote it <g>: Another consideration is how many nodes it requires to describe the shape of the character. Type 1 files require that a character has fewer than 200 nodes; there is no real limit to the number of nodes in a TrueType character.

Take care, Mike

You want stubborn?

I killed off all non-essential processes after a reboot, and the links in my post #123 not contain that problem glyph as ! (exclamation mark), and I removed the now unneeded halves of the glyph.

The process went slick as a goose after whatever was annexing my video card let it alone for FontLab could export it.

Bill, if you would, please, check out the font; the vfb file is attached here but shouldn't be necessary.

I think it works. I'm going to retire now.

-g-
    Last edited by angelize; 19 April 2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: removed link to beta version

Again...I want to thank everyone. I printed out a type sample and I gotta say that this is a wonderful typeface and I am certain it will find great utility in future work. My wife also throws in her thanks to everyone. She has watched the progress and loves the font.

Take care, Mike
    (and I had to muck around some more. I replaced the 'L' glyph its full width version...)

Great work Gary. I found a couple of glyphs with node issues. Both of them mine.

I corrected them within FontLab Studio. Makes you really, really appreciate Designer Pro.

The attached .zip contains the .vfb, .ttf, and .otf files.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I added a non-breaking space.
    Last edited by angelize; 19 April 2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: removed link to beta version
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

So is this the final finished file? If so I'll add it to the Fonts gallery listings and I'll get a font play started and I have another idea kicking in my head
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

@Bill—

If you generated the TTF and the OTF based on the vfb file, we are good to go, Houston. You missed one code page item (or it went away for some reason, but the ISO language is unimportant for a symbol set.

Well done, sir!

@Frances—I'll take my versions off this thread and we shall go with Bill's final build, Frances.

Yes, go do the voodoo that you do. We're finished on this face.

Thank you everyone! This would have taken a year to do myself, which means it never would have been done because I'm really not that ambitious. We have something, and I mean we, that we can all be proud of.

Publicize this sucker!!!!

-g-

I'd like to say thanks to everyone that participated in the project/collaboration, and well done. Thanks to Gary and Barbara for finding the font and ornamentals, the input and ideas. It was fun to do and I learnt a few things by participating if only I wasn't a day behind!

I was just wondering about the dollar, pound, at sign and euro signs that Barbara mentioned for me to do, do you want them done or not?
    Michele

www.michelemowat.com

The .ttf and .oft files are generated from the edited .vfb so we are good to go for launch.

A couple of glyphs reminded me of holiday lights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burgeon-lights.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	88865  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update