Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

Hi Bill—

I found no duplicates.

That doesn't mean there are none; it just means that neither you nor I found any.

I filled in a couple of blank code pages with this iteration, so yeah, it's a version past yours in post #179. I just wanted the thing to sparkle because it already shines.

-g-
    Last edited by angelize; 22 April 2012 at 07:51 PM.

Thank you very much Gary.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I hate to tell you guys this, but numbers 1 and 2 are the same except 1 (or is it 2?) is inverted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dupes.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	88932
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Not a mistake, Frances. I did this.

I did it deliberately at a time when we didn't have enough glyphs and left it that way, because if you type 11111, and 22222, they each make an interesting border. People who use Word and non graphics programs can't easily flip (mirror) a picture font.

-g-

Oh I see Well I think we are there then!

Now we just need

1. the PDF guide that Mike is working on
    2. The FONTLOG.txt to go with the OFL - Bill or Gary could you supply this? (see Barbara's post here)

I can get the OFL and the FAQ files from the SIL site and I can now finish up with the png examples and start work on the youtube demo

Oh and Mike and Michelle haven't yet posted their releases.

I will be making sure to credit everyone in the Gallery post, But a big thanks to all who worked on this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

I can't spare another moment until next week, so I'd suggest that you try to persuade Bill to do the FONTLOG.

But internally with the typeface, and this is invisible and cannot be edited unless someone knows how:

Name:	6aaf411415a6da3c1828b6e6899efa61.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	88934

I added the following information into the font using Bill's last posted and confirmed non-dup FontLab file.

Name:	2012-04-19 20-52-53_MainType 4.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	88935

Please note I attributed the license to the SIL license and provided the URL to the license and FAQ.

I also added the Designer information as per Gary's last post.

Bill, I can email you the VFB file directly. But I do have it and the generated fonts in a ZIP I can post if given the go-ahead.

Here is the PDF key also.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Mike! Don't forget to post your release! As for the go ahead to upload I think we will leave that up to Bill to decide.

I believe the FONTLOG.txt that Barbara mentioned should be a separate text file that contains among other things a log of changes to the font, Barbara can you confirm that?

Bill can you do the FONTLOG if need be?

If we can get these last loose ends tied up we will be done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well done everyone! It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Bill - I got a little confused with some of the posts, it was hard keeping up with them all when they where split.

I Michele Mowat as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following fonts,Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG. otf and Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG.ttf, I grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose

Michele Mowat, Australia
    Michele

www.michelemowat.com

Mike, I just had a look at the PDF, it doesn't match the last posted version of the font

Michelle: I am the mod who was splitting the threads, I apologize if I confused you but it would have been way more confusing to be working on 2 or 3 different fonts in the same thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]