Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

Bill, I saved a few because I used them elsewhere, didn't want to provide stuff I've already traced for the group effort.

The two red guys at right in the attached I know for sure aren't in the set because they are off the cover of the catalogue.

Please check the others to ensure you're not replacing dupes with dupes.

Your faithful dupe,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

@Mike—

The PDF is wonderful, but two issues will make it flawless, IMFFHO:

1.) you got dead space at the bottom of the document because these characters aren't used. Also, we need to fine-tooth this document because this is not the current iteration of the font.

2.) We need to count on the PDF becoming detached from the other files in Barb's wonderful suggestion to provide documentation. Nothing would be sadder than this font to get orphaned from the documentation by an unscrupulous jerk on the web (there aren't any of these, nor, are there?).

So I suggest the keyfinder should be produced as a standalone slick sheet, a selling specimen, designed just as one would design any commercial piece.

Here's a thumbnail, and attached is my rework of Mike's work as a Xara file. Mike, or anyone? Please refine what I've started?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kf.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	88881

AS a PDF, we should probably put a hyperlink at the bottom to our forum, eh?

Thanks!

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

As this font draws to a close, I think Frances or Larry (the Moderators here) need to assign stuff, because in the effort to close on this typeface, we've got too many revisions floating around.

I suggest also that everyone deletes the previous version of all working files for Burgeon from their drives. You can always retrieve something on this thread, right?

-g-

Will do--which is what I mentioned in my post. Once it really, really is finished, I'll use the real font. Good on the header.

It is the file I use to print myself cheat sheets...which is why there are the other character locations.

Mike

Hope you didn't mind me messing with it, Mike. I figure it's a group effort, an uncoordinated one, but we're all mates in this.

By the way, if you want to spare trees and still be able to find characters, there's something called "Character Map Pro", it's free, and shows nice LARGE glyphs. Also, if a font is coded correctly, you can double-click a thumbnail to send the character to the clipboard, then paste into Xara:

It's actually on our shareware page!

-g-

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Attachment 88879

I think this one is missing from my set.

Christine
    My apologies if I dropped one of your traces, Christine. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it was very hard to keep track of abstract symbols submitted by different people. If it had been an alphabet, I'd like to think that I'd spot a missing alphabetical character.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST_VWXYZ

Without U, we're lost!

-g-

Alex's application doesn't copy the font to the clipboard on my system, just the ANSI character location (so instead of one of our glyphs mapped to 'N', the letter N pastes into XDP, and so on). Window's charmap.exe, on the other hand, does paste the correct font glyph into XDP.

Thanks, though.

And no worries on the reworking--saved me a little work, eh?

Take care, Mike

Does the letter J have two glyphs in its location?

Mike

I'd prefer a Moderator to answer this, Mike. Too many cooks and all that.

Whether there's more than one J depends on which version of the font you downloaded. I myself have stopped work and will not post the font, to avoid duplications.

I suggest, and this is an alien moderator making the suggestion in Larry and Rik and Frances' absence this morning, that Bob is the designated coder from now on and he alone makes posts, that he check, and if indeed we got two J's, let Bob spot the dupe, hopefully the one he doesn't delete is approximately 650 units high because that's what I strove for, and he can add Christine's and the ones I uploaded and attached earlier.

What I meant--for whom ever does the final-final correction, is this is the letter J when typed into Xara:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J_glyph.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	88886

Seems like there is a spurious glyph hanging about in that location (i.e., two glyphs are in the letter J location). The VFB file has this.