Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Slideshow

Default Photo Slideshow

I want to display a series of photos onscreen in a slideshow, one photo after the other in a loop which will start when the page is accessed. Can somebody point me in the right direction for which widget or design feature I should use please?

Many thanks

Default Re: Photo Slideshow

Not that I want to push you away from Xara but you might look to an outside slideshow program and link it back to your main page. Works for me. You can check out what I did at ptolemeeplus.ca/triphotos/France2011. All the slide shows there are jAlbum shows stored elsewhere. If you have any questions just give me a shout.

Hi, and thanks for the response. That's very good but I think probably a sledgehammer to crack a nut. All I want to do is display a number of photos, one after the other when somebody opens the relevant page. Do you happen to know if there is any way of doing this simply from within Xara?

If you create a page of images and designate the images as pop-up, you can create an automatic slide show.

In the Image > Photo Options dialog, click Help for complete instructions.

It's quick, easy, and should do what you are requesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pop-up.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	88499  

Many many thanks again for the response. That almost works exactly how I want. The only niggle is that I have to click on a thumbnail to start the slide show. Is there any way to make it start automatically?

There's a script on Xara Users you can try http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=374

Is there an easy way to apply captions using this method?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Annie

Yes. You can do this in the Image tabbed section of the Website Properties (assuming you are using Web Designer).

HTML tags apply to the caption, so for example <center>Sleeping Kitties</center> will center the caption over the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caption.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	88555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	added.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	88556  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There's a script on Xara Users you can try http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=374
    In the user forum this piece of code is prefixed with the statement "Add following code to the Tracker code field on the page that has the slide show" Do you happen to know what is meant by this, I don't know what the Tracker code field is?

Thanks again.

I think the tracker code field was dropped in v7, use Html Code (head) instead.