Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating a blog using DP7

I would like to create a weblog that is more graphic than what you usually see, to mainly display photos with comments. I don't think WordPress can do what I want (still looking). My idea is to have a mosaic of photos created (by adding a photo a day) during each month with comments for each photo. Is it possible to set up this sort of thing with DP? One possibility might be to do a WP blog page followed by the graphics summary page done by DP.

If anybody thinks it's doable I can provide more details of what I would like to see. Any suggestions welcomed. Many thanks.

Default Re: Creating a blog using DP7

can you please be more explicit?
    Last edited by Drwyd; 03 April 2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Links deleted by moderator, please see forum rules.

Hi Dave

The biggest problem you will face with DP7 is repositioning previous content after adding your latest entry. WDMX is better in this as it will allow content to be pushed down the page as it is added. It will not pull it back up if the length is shortened though. A smaller blog where the older entries are archived and the page kept short will be much easier to manage.

I'm probably reaching too far (for limited abilities!) but my idea is to create a blank monthly grid with spaces for photos for each day as a "changing header". That way I could post a daily picture with comments and add the photo to the grid, eventually creating a monthly mosaic. Along the top the months would scroll by showing past mosaics. I know, project of a lifetime! I think the best (based on Drwyd's comments) is to create a normal blog linked to the summary mosaic created with DP. Hope this clarifies my ideas a bit.

a blank monthly grid with spaces for photos for each day as a "changing header"
    A fixed height blog should be no problem. Maybe a sort of calendar pin board for photos with links or popups ?

Let me have a fiddle, be back in a bit.

....... This is what I'm thinking
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Drwyd; 03 April 2012 at 07:05 PM.

You got the idea of my monthly display. It's the overall design that's got me worried, just too complex. Of the problems is how to get a comment attached to each picture I use photo pop up.

I think I'll stick with some of photoblog programs out there (like Pixelpost) and link to DP for a summary listing. I attach my block-up and a sample monthly calendar.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Attached Files Attached Files