Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Redesigned my website.

Hi Everyone, bought xara 8 months ago and did my first website. I've redesigned it now after ive got used to xara and all the funky bits you can do. Hope you like.

www.brothertons.tv

still a few tweaks to do and any constructive criticism is always welcome as you lot are more up to speed with website design than me.

Thanks again.

Default Re: Redesigned my website.

It does exactly what a good website should, it provides information that is easy to find. What more could you ask for?

Yep, I like this. I have one question and one comment. First of all, how did you do the photo slideshow on the first page (I'm trying to do something similar) and my comment is that the mouse changes to a pointer when you move over the photos and if you click you go to a non-existent page. Other than that I really like the clean lines.

Cheers!

dhj - that was one of the eyecatcher widgets thats in the designs gallery. someone on the forum redesigned it to remove the numbers and replace them by the circles.

and thanks for pointing that out will get onto it and change it.

I like that a lot. Nice job.

I would try to smooth out the top left logo, I think I can see pixels on the diagonal lines of the letters

Wow! The site looks awesome.

The only suggestion I have is the sub-menus on the vertical navbar. The blue color seems to clash with the rest of the site and the font size is too small.

Otherwise - I wish I could create something so cool.

Wow really clean and makes me want to upgrade my electronics! You did something right! hehe

Really nice professional work! My only comment is to increase the line spacing on the body text. When I recently redid my website I think the default was set at 95% and it just looked so crowded. So I upped it to 110% and it was easier on the eyes, IMO. I also think the text on the home page should be aligned to the left rather than centered. The bulleted list looks especially awkward. Perhaps the first and last line could be centered but the rest might look better changed.