Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hi I have a new site...

Hello all,

I have updated my site recently and in the portfolio (web) I have a few other sites that I created with Xara Web Designer or the trial version of PRO 5. All comments are quite welcome. Thanks.

Default Re: Hi I have a new site...

This load extremely slow for me on DSL. The sea green/blue area loads quickly but the active headers do not and never did finish. What I saw looked good.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Hey TB06,

Your site loaded ok here. I noticed on the portfolios page, when you are inside of a section, if you click anywhere within the main area of the page, it just goes blank. This happens on all of the category pages.

Hope that helps.

Thumbs up Re: Hi I have a new site...

Looks very good to me.

Hi thanks slavelle I noticed that they're actually popups and I don't know how to keep them up if the main page (or others) is clicked. If you have any pointers they are welcome.

Hey Burpee thanks for checking it out. However, the sea green/blue area—where was that?

Thank you Gary. Your tutorials have been a great help to me—thanks so much. BTW you new site looks good and your gift for illustration almost provokes me to envy the talent God gave you.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 14 August 2009 at 03:29 AM.

If you haven't already, take a look at Covoxer's tweakset (sticky in the forum). There is a tweak in there that lets you do "locking popups", so you can place a button of whatever type on the layer you want locked and use that button to close the layer, rather than any click closing it.

Another simpler way to address this would be to put "something" on the mouseoff layer where the popups go over. This was, when the layer is closed, there's not just a blank page, but whatever you have on the mouseoff layer, like a summary, or instructions to click on one of the categories.

Whichever way you go, it would make it more intuitive if you indicate that a click will close that partiular gallery.

Or you could skip the popup layers for this and make each category its own page (that looks the same as the original portfolio page). This way you can use your tracking code to track which galleries get looked at more than the others, or if a certain one seems to drive people off the site - or makes them "buy" something/hire you/etc.

Hope that helps

It does. Thanks. And thanks for the compliments.

the site looks real good...tao

I like the site Tao.
    It did load slow for me too...I am using DSL 6MB. It appears you and I are having the same problem. Slow loading site and our sites are not centered. When I view your site in IE it is puched way over to the left. My resolution is 1028 X 724 and my monitor is wide screen.

thanks DW but it is not my site, thank goodness I think mine all load ok, tj

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtwad View Post
    I like the site Tao.
    It did load slow for me too...I am using DSL 6MB. It appears you and I are having the same problem. Slow loading site and our sites are not centered. When I view your site in IE it is puched way over to the left. My resolution is 1028 X 724 and my monitor is wide screen.