Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Trial Version of MX Prematurely Timing Out ... has this been fixed yet?

I downloaded and extended the trial version to 30 days about 7 days ago.

I opened it this a.m. and only had 4 days left!

After running MX for about an hour and closing MX and then reopening it, I'm told the trial has expired.

Others in this forum have mentioned similar issues. Has there been a resolution/fix?

Default Re: Trial Version of MX Prematurely Timing Out ... has this been fixed yet?

Not that I am aware of.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Trial Version of MX Prematurely Timing Out ... has this been fixed yet?

The last I heard from Xara support they are still working on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi, We are expecting a fix this week. Apologies once again to all that have encountered this problem and thank you for providing the information requested within the original thread.

I believe that the fix will only affect those who have NOT yet tried the trial. I received an email saying that there is no fix once the program has timed out on the 30 day trial, and they are unable to reinstate the allotted time.

I just went ahead and upgraded and so far (3 days) and a few pushes on sites I maintain, and it's running smooth as silk. Stay tuned.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yes I believe you are right Seamus, I got the same email. I am going to go ahead a purchase the upgrade too, in a few days so I'll be interested if you run into any other troubles (I don't think you will though)

I have to say too that Xara Support has been excellent, taking into consideration time zones and the fact that I submitted my support ticket on launch day they got back to me very promptly.

Thanks Xara Support!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.