Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Linear fill

Default Linear fill

Hi, could you please have a short look on the attached picture, it seems that this shape has a Linear fill. But in that case should not be seen the start and end point of the linear fill? Clicking on the Fill tool somehow just a small point can be seen, maybe that contains in one both one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fill_control.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	88457

thanks,

Default Re: Linear fill

Open the Color Editor. Does the drop down box have both a Start and End color? If so, edit them. But there is something incorrect in any case. Choose the fill tool, click the left-mouse button and hold it. Then drag it out across your image and release the mouse button. You'll see something like:

Name:	linear_fill.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	88459

Take care, Mike

Sorry, I don't see a linear fill there, what I see is a red star that has had an ecllipse drawn over it and then both were selected and the subtract command was then used. I just verified this and then when I choose the filll tool, I got the same thing only with the node in a different place
    Last edited by Seagull; 01 April 2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: fill might be better with just two l's but then it's April fools day, I'm celebrating
    .............frank

Thanks the tries to reproduce the case, sorry maybe I should had start at the beginning that this Star is in Xara Designs gallery / Web templates / Graphics.

And yes exactly there is start and end color in Colour editor, finally found the tricky is that the handles are quite far away from the object itself, and that confused me. So the conclusion is that if in the Fill menus can be seen that Linear-Simple-Fade for the object, somewhere it is sure there just maybe beside the object.

Name:	red_star.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	88460

All objects have for lack of a better word, an origin point that appears when the object is selected. It is a tiny square.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	origin-point.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	88462  

Ah okay thanks so these tiny squares are the same which was on my starting topic printscreen. And so that has nothing common with the Fill handlers

This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    ...finally found the tricky is that the handles are quite far away from the object itself, and that confused me.
    I've had the problem of distant fill handles on clipart many times. When you can't see the fill handles, zoom way out until they appear. Once you see the fill handles, you can drag them back over to the object.

Similarly, if the fill handles are too close together to edit the fill, you can zoom way in on the part of the object where they appear until you can expand them.

Yes now I will know it that it can be beside the objects.

Anyway is there maybe some function to use like this? This star is the part of the professional Xara graphic collection, I would assume maybe it is some best practice from some point of view, who knows. It seems for me the fill can be anywhere it has the same effect than it is on the object visually

And yes exactly there is start and end color in Colour editor, finally found the tricky is that the handles are quite far away from the object itself, and that confused me. So the conclusion is that if in the Fill menus can be seen that Linear-Simple-Fade for the object, somewhere it is sure there just maybe beside the object.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 03 April 2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: removed spam