Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Why is xara continuing to publish 'old' files even tho i've exported newer ones?

All your files seem to be in order, a wrong folder is the likely culprit. Who are you hosting with ?

Default Re: Why is xara continuing to publish 'old' files even tho i've exported newer ones?

1and1

I wonder if i clear all the .wd and index_htm_file folders from my system [i'll put them on a memory stick] and then re-export and publish then xara should be forced to use the correct files ??

i think xara is doing it right - its where they are being put on 1&1 :-)

but i haven't touched the 1and1 settings - also, if you 'right click/properties' the live web page it shows its been mod on the right date - so somethin must be going there, surely??

yh it is a strange one ??? - you got much hair left ?? :-)

bald as a coot!

Would it be catastrophic if i removed all the .wd and index_htm_file folders from my system [i'll put them on a memory stick] and then re-export and publish then xara should be forced to use the correct files ?? I don't know enough abt how xara/web files function to know if if would have awful consequences, but i'm minded to give it a go, but would value any comments ??

I don't think you need to remove all the files.

Keep the .web files (this is your document). But you can delete all the website files generated and then republish to that folder.

I just took a look see at 1&1 web hosting. Here is a link I found for publishing with Filezilla, a free FTP program. The settings might be similar to the settings in WD. http://faq.1and1.com/web_space__acce...account/5.html

They have a ton of FAQ articles that you might skim through to see if any are appropriate.

1and 1 one has a control panel to upload files instaed of using filezilla

I'm getting totally fazed by all this techie stuff - spoke to 1aand1 support early today - he was v helpful and is looking into the probs. So I'm hopeful - as ever. Tx for all your help and support - watch this space ..

Oh and I've added some more pages and my tabs now jut outside the borders - looks untidy - have tried shortening names/centreing/justify to rt and lft but wont play - any suggestions??

Seems to be sorted at long last - thanks so much for all your help, time and suppport J