Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Guest Guest

Default Allow using Vectors as a Fill

Hi Developers,
    as discussed in this thread I would like to see an option to interactively develop arbitrary patterns by filling closed shapes with one or more Vector Objects and getting opions to tile those pretty much as this is possible with Bitmap-Fills.
    The key difference to the Bitmap Fill Feature was that the whole fill remained "Live" so that a change in a Source object was immediately reflected in the whole pattern.
    Additional to the current Tiling-Implementation which allows for repeat and mirrored repeat on a rectangular Grid, further options like using Tri Grids and Hex Grids were nice.
    Last edited by polyxo; 04 October 2011 at 07:19 AM.

Default Re: Allow using Vectors as a Fill

Well, you can always create a vector pattern and then use ClipView to apply it. The pattern is not as easy to edit as a bitmap fill, and this would be a big plus. But you can remove the ClipView, resize the pattern, then apply a new ClipView.

Guest Guest

Hi Gary,
    trust me, this would not be the same, not even close.
    It helps immensely in judging on the overall effect of manipulations to get realtime-feedback (to see the effect on the whole array of of repetitions).
    If you want to check it out yourself you could try out this program. I found a few nice ideas inside but the Vector rendering is really poor.
    Some program - components even don't work on 64 Bit Systems and there's no update in sight.

The good thing is that what I ask for should really be very easy to add.
    One can script such Functionality in an hour or so in CAD but I had to realize that for Xara there's no such options exposed.

Guest Guest

Seems that now instead of Xara Adobe had listened...http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-desi...tern-creation/
    I can't believe that something that obvious and simple but on the other hand so useful took them that long. But good that it's now coming.

That is pretty cool. I'd like to see this in Xara. There are other, more important things(to me) that I want Xara to have, but I'd love to see this added.

Quote Originally Posted by polyxo View Post
    Seems that now instead of Xara Adobe had listened...http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-desi...tern-creation/
    I can't believe that something that obvious and simple but on the other hand so useful took them that long. But good that it's now coming.
    Sheff
    My Site