Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default There was an error during saving

Attached screenshots of 2 error messages. #1 relates to both automatic and manual attempts at saving work and #2 relates to attempting to open automated backups. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling DP7 and the program behaves normally until the first automatic save kicks in. I'm now using a trial version of XP&GD to continue my work. Anyone know if this is a registry problem or something else I haven't thought of?
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	errors.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	88414  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: There was an error during saving

Bob if you can wait until Bill comes back on line he knows some of the error codes and of course there is PhilM. No good putting it to Xara you will be dead before they get back to you if you can excuse the phrasing. You might be able to PM PhilM!
    Design is thinking made visual.

It's definately not to do with a registry value, it's likely to be due to a particular object in your document.

Which revision of Designer Pro are you using (Help - About)?

Hi Bob,

I agree with Pete, not likely to be a registry setting. I recommend opening a ticket with http://support.xara.com and send them a DP7 file that you know cause the error messages.

Do the error messages happen when you default document is loaded? Open DP7 and try saving your default document without making any changes as a new filename to see if that also causes the error.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for your help, guys. I have raised a ticket with Xara and now await their (non-automated) reply.
    For anyone who wants to see the file, I have attached it here. You may be able to open it, but not save it if you alter it in any way.
    Edit: I can now no longer open the file, let alone save it. In fact, it now causes XDP7 to close. So, I can't follow up on your suggestion, Bill.
    Bob.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 31 March 2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Failed to open for me as well Bob.
    I've recovered it using expandxar and attached it here. How is this for you?

Hi Steve, (hits forehead with palm of hand) I never thought of trying expandxar. It has recovered a fair bit of work, just 4 stars and a halftone pattern clipped into the 2 semicircles are missing. But it's a lot better than nothing. Thanks for taking a look.
    Bob.

I'm having a similar issue with one of my files. It seems to be happening when I apply a drop shadow to a logo consisting of a group of objects and a text object. Once I removed the drop shadow from that group the file saves fine. I've attached the file so the Xara guys can see if it helps them figure out the issue.

powerpoint.xar
    All Your Graphic Are Belong To Us

a floor [drop] shadow seems ok here
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Oops. I meant regular shadow at 2px, -2px positioning and I was using version 7.1.1.17261.
    All Your Graphic Are Belong To Us