Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 8 - new options

I too would appreciate tables being included in at least XDP.

However, I don't consider XDP "DTP" software anymore than I think of Illustrator in that category. I look at design applications as adjuncts to actual, purposeful, page layout software. The style capability is certainly welcome for short brochure work and such. Even so, I look at both of these additions as being mainly more beneficial to web work (which I don't do) that laying out even a small brochure.

My main hope is for more drawing capability additions--ones which have been requested for ages from reading past threads.

Likely everyone (myself included) will get something that makes XDP "that much better."

Take care, Mike

The following would be greatly appreciated (seen from my work perspective):
    - Creation of tables with possibilities of table line and cell formatiing
    - Import of Excel files
    - Automatic page numbering
    (funny nobody thought about this. It would improve document making a lot)
    - When exporting black color to PDF/X use Pantone black C and not CMYK
    This avoids fuzzy text when color is not correctly aligned

But let's admit: it must be d.... hard to improve an already beautyful program!!!!

the most necessary and vital function which designers need is Gradient Mesh (as in Illustrator) and full support of formats eps & ai - which will allow interaction with other programmes and cooperative work with other designers

I'd like to see the toggle be able to work on and entire selection of text regardless of mixed case letters that are present. Right now, if I am doing it right, Ctrl-W reverses every character. All uppers become lower and all lowers become upper. I'd like to be able to toggle all of those character to either upper or lower in their entirety. Hope I explained this right

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Great suggestions.

You can toggle the case from upper to lower with a keyboard shortcut. With the character or characters selected, press Ctrl + w.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

So if I am reading this right you are asking to be able to toggle the behaviour of the ctrl+w shortcut to enable you change a word or words typed like this: aBCdeFg to this:AbcDEfG ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Frances.

No, I believe that's the way it works now.

Steve

More like these options from UltraEdit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	89019

Take care, Mike

I second the request for better handling of formats like eps, ai before adding any wordprocessing features, excel import or webdesign stuff.
    Personally I would love a feature that helps me to find a matching web color for a pantone color.

Dear Developers,
    The ability to work with CMYK palette is absolutely essential,however it needs some changes:
    1 the possibility to make Create Bitmap Copy in CMYK;

2 unproblematic export of TIFF into CMYK; because now it is just like this (pic)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara8-02.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	89026

3 in Simulate Print Colours mode colours need to be more similar to those in Photoshop or Illustrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aciden View Post
    2 unproblematic export of TIFF into CMYK; because now it is just like this (pic)
    Have you checked the CMYK output in a bitmap editor? I usually get extremely close to exact readouts and they do print precisely as designed. Usually any deviation from the CMYK values I get are due to slight rounding differences that will not affect print.

I only quickly made an XDP drawing that resembled yours. But in the screen shots below, the print will be as vibrant as CMYK allows and the values are a near exact match.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	end.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	89031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	start.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	89032