Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text colours appear differently in published site against the design view

Hi, I have just published a site called the Fire Phoenix and I've noticed on this page , for instance, that the line of text "Dimplex Castillo Optiflame Electric Fire" should be orange as I've specified in the design view. However, it is appearing in dark grey which is the primary text colour on the site.

Also, I'm having problems setting the visited link colour. I decided that I didn't like the purple colour before the site went live and went through and unchecked the "remove common website link colour" box on the links I didn't want to change after being clicked.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Default Re: Text colours appear differently in published site against the design view

Looks orange to me. Firefox.

Default Re: Text colours appear differently in published site against the design view

Hi, it looks like you've used my "Blue Pin" to wrap links across lines. That is retaining the orange colour for your link, for which I am mightily pleased.
    The difference for the "Dimplex Castillo Optiflame Electric Fire" is that it is sitting within a SPAN tag, which has a class of "Normal_text".

I suggest you change that paragraph to HTMLTextBlock and see if the orange link colour is restored.

For the purple visited link colour, go to Web Properties... > Website > Website link colours and click the Edit button for the Visited text link.

Acorn

Orange here as well, in Chrome.

Don't know what is going on with the text links. I noticed something peculiar, though, because in some cases when clicking a link and then going back (to the page with the link), the linked text was orange for a second and then reverted to purple again.

Added: Only now see Acorn's post.

I tried the Block Text name and it does indeed retain the orange colour on the Dimplex Castillo Optiflame Electric Fire strip of text under the overview heading, but it ruins the positioning of some of the text (now putting the some of the text behind the image). It also puts some of the horrible dashed lines down the left hand edge of the text box.

Is it the case that if I am writing text around an image, and have to put an HTMLText Block name in, that I should write text in different blocks and not have one text block for the entire page?

Do the guys at Xara read this forum because it would be great if this issue could be fixed with a simple click of the mouse? The blue pin from Acorn (thanks!!) has got me out of a big problem with the links on my website, but it just seems that these workarounds shouldn't be needed for what should be a very simple operation.