Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Multiple bitmap editors menu

Jimi King suggested (in http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32340 thread) option to select from multiple photo editors instead of using just one default options set in Xtremes config. Nice idea

Attached zip file contains small tool that makes this possible (thanks for inspiration Odat ).

Archive contains 3 files:
    xar_bitmap_editor_selector.exe - set this as your default photo editor in Xtreme
    config.ini - this file contains list of editors you want to see in selection menu, this needs to be edited by hand (im lazy writing editing tool for this ) but its simple. First line says how many editors are in your config file. Next line says whats the name of your first editor (anything you like, its just a label), following line specifies where to find its executable.

Example:
    2 editors, first labeled "MS Paint" and run with command "mspaint", second "Artweaver" and its executable at "C:\Program Files\Artweaver 0.4\Artweaver.exe"

HTML Code:
    MS Paint
    mspaint
    Artweaver
    "C:\Program Files\Artweaver 0.4\Artweaver.exe"
    setup_config.bat - run this to copy your config file (every time you change it!) to your "YourProfile\ApplicationData\X Editor Selector" folder so the program can find it when run from Xtreme.

I hope someone will find use for it Let me know if you encouter any problems
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	48282  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Multiple bitmap editors menu

Brilliant!!! Many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brilliant.png 
Views:	529 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	48284  

Excellent work! I was actually thinking of doing that the other day after I mentioned it, but I couldn't find where my wife stashed the box of CD's with Visual Studio in it. Also I ended up getting a copy of Guitar Hero, but mostly that first one!
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

thanks Suvek - nice one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ha, that's brilliant.

Don't know if we mentioned, but in the latest version we made a change so that you can now configure no photo editor, for those people who complained about accidentally double clicking on a 50Megapixel image and their computer going to sleep for a minute. In the Options dialog if you select 'Edit bitmap with this program' and leave it blank, nothing will happen when you double click an image.

So now we've solved two of the most requested features in this area. The ability to have no Photo Editor and now, with this little utility, and the ability to have a menu of different Photo editors.

Gary needs to add this to the shareware page...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Greetings,

...and thanks Suvek for the tool [can't wait to use it]

Seems I've not set it up correctly since the "Select Editor" dialog opens but
    it's blank. Followed your instructions yet something is amiss.

Note: I'm using the lastest XPro 4 [cd version]....

So any help would be appreciated.

Till later,
    minstrel
    ...the best is yet to come!

Open the config.ini in notepad, and enter details similar to what I have for mine.
    Note that there are three programs set, so the first number must tell the little app that there will be three paths to follow.
    Each app must be named (this will appear on the buttons)
    Each path must be just below the name and enclosed in double quotes.

PSProX2
    "C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2\Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo.exe"
    IrfanView
    "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe"
    XPE4
    "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 4\Xara Picture Editor\XaraPictureEditor.exe"
    Once you have done something like the above, run the setup_config.bat (double-click it)

Let us know how you go

Let me know if you encouter any problems
    One thing I have noticed when using this little app.

If one of your options are to include Xara Picture Editor, on using it XPE doesn't return the adjusted image to Xtreme. There's no 'tick', only option is to save as a new file.

Thanks Sledger for the quick response....

...yet, still a no show.

All the paths are set correctly.....yet the dialog remains empty.

I did not install the tool with xpro4 download version....just now after installing the CD. Are you also using the tool with the CD version?
    Perhaps something has changed?

Thanks again,

Minstrel
    ...the best is yet to come!