Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can I develop and sell professional websites with Web Designer MX?

Hi there!

I'm very interested in Web Designer MX, but have no knowledgement in html, javascript, etc. I would like to know if is it possible to work with the software and develop professional websites, and sell them, please?

If so, do you know someone, some company, person, who works by this way? I would like to take a look on some works made with the Web Designer MX or its previous versions.

Do you know if is it possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

Default Re: Can I develop and sell professional websites with Web Designer MX?

There is a large collection of real world examples of sites created in Web Designer in the Xara Website Gallery http://www.xara.com/websitegallery/

Helll PeteS,

Thank you very much. I will take a look. But do you think that someone without any previous experience in design and/or websites development can enter in this area, using Web Designer MX?

That's a tricky question. Web Designer MX (or any web design application) is merely a tool. It wil make web site development a bit easier, depending on the type of web site you want to build. Let me give you an example.
    You can buy a hammer, a saw and other carpenter tools, but that will not make you a carpenter. You still need some talent, learn the trade and build up experience. One day you may make a fine carpenter. Good tools will help you to achieve the best result. (But even the finest carpenter will not be able to fullfil the demand for wooden chairs of an entire city - that's why we have factories ).

Same goes for web design. Tools are just what they are: tools. In unexperienced or untalented hands they will not yield great results. So whether you will make it in web design, depends more on your talent, experience and perseverance than the tooling.
    That said: I build my own website myself, using Designer Pro and for my goals it works quite well. I was used to build web sites using html editors, php, javascript, jsp, sql et cetera. My own site is just a simple portfolio thingie: simple and fun to do it in Designer Pro. For large commercial web sites (with integrated webshops, vast numbers of visitors, high levels of security, enormous customer and product databases etc) it will never be good enough. But that's an entirely other ball game...

So in short: you like web design? You think you have talent? Then get started! Develop your web design skills, play and look around... but keep it nice and simple the first tries. Things will get complicated soon enough .
    And maybe you will succeed, maybe you will not: you'll only know what you can do, after you've tried it!

Hi Fred vanderZee,

Thanks a lot. Thanks for your kind words. I will take a look and study all you have mentioned and suggested. My idea is really to start with this. I have already created sites with WordPress and Xoops (some of them to be sold), but have never worked with a tool like Xara Designer MX.

It seems to be wonderful. I will take a look with care.