Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PSP7 2 Questions

Hello,
    I have been using psp7 for a few years, but there are two things I CANNOT work out!!

Firstly, how do I cut out a photo foreground: I want to cut my daughters picture out of a photo and remove the entire background...I have tried the point to point, but there is always a sharp - square edge to the pic....I don't understand the "Feathering" section either....I was told there was a way using MAGIC TOOL, but when I do so it only comes up with certain sections of the picture.

Secondly, I love making mock up photo's and I would love to know how to copy the style of words and change the letters to other letters : If I use the MUPPETS logo and want to make the word MORE-PETS for example, how could I do this so the original letters style is used to form the new word ?

Many thanks for your time

Skieferins
    IP

Default Re: PSP7 2 Questions

Hi Skieferins, welcome to Talkgraphics.

Use Masks to remove the background from your daughter's photo. If you are unfamiliar with using Masks you can google for psp7 masks tutorial and get over 7 million hits.

As for the text, without seeing an example it is difficult to even guess how to achieve the effect you see.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hello Soquili,
    Firstly , thank you for replying to me. I will look the mask up and see how I get on and reply when I've tried them As for the text copying, below is the Muppets logo, if I wanted to change the words THE MUPPETS SHOW into the words SHREK THE THIRD for example how could I do that ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220px-Muppets_-_first_Disney_logo.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	88358 Thank you
    IP

You cannot edit text once it has been deflated to a raster layer. I'm not aware of any way PSP7 can create text similar to the muppets movie title. You can create text with an outline similar to what you show, but I don't know how you could modify the 'M' or positions of the other letters.

My guess would be the logotype was created in a vector application or hand lettered using a brush and/or pen and ink.

The first attachment shows psp7 text with a stroke (outline). The second attachment has your attached image as reference and also shows a quick attempt to recreate the text within Xara Designer Pro 7 which is a vector application.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psp7-text.png 
Views:	264 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	88375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-text.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	88376  

Last edited by Soquili; 28 March 2012 at 09:56 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I am slowly relearning Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 after many years.

I may be able to write a step by step procedure to make the text you asked for. May be a couple of days though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jasc-psp7-muppet.png 
Views:	269 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	88388  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP