Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Bug My trial of Web DesignerMX is losing Days!!

Ok we are supposed to get a 30 day trial, first time I opened it I was down to 24 I closed and reopened the program and now I'm down to 21!! I'll probably purchase the program before the 30 days are up but this is not the way this should be.

Has anyone else encountered this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: My trial of Web DesignerMX is losing Days!!

I have opened a support ticket with Xara and have told them about this thread.

If anyone else is losing days on the trial I'd be interested to know and perhaps the folks at Xara would too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

You just need to evaluate faster, Frances.. ;-)

I dl'd the trial and registered for the extended period and lost 7 days in 20 minutes. I closed and opened the program 3 times just to check out the bug. Time really flies (kinda like a really, really tight deadline!) when you get such a great upgrade!

It's not just you, Angelize. Just run the program 24/7 and you'll be all good.

Lets make that 18 days. Sigh!
    I'm going to leave the program open to make sure my system clock isn't part of the problem.

Won't make much difference though, the improvements are well worth the upgrade price!

Hi, apologies to those who are reporting this problem. It will greatly assist us if you could submit a support ticket from http://support.xara.com and provide the following information

1. Is the system time and date correct
    2. Were you connected to the internet during installation
    3. Were you connected to the internet on first run.
    4. Do you lose another 3 days If you ensure you are connected to the internet prior running the program again
    5. What security software were you running at installation and at run time
    6. Operating system.

Many thanks

Thanks bb2,

I have submitted my support ticket and I hope that others who are experiencing this will do the same.
    I agree with seamus that the improvements are worth the price, but if this happens to a new user who downloads the trial for the first time they might not be too inclined to buy so let's do what we can to help the Xara team figure this one out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]