Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MX 8

Default MX 8

I know that theres not much interest in this but MX 8 is on the XARA web site if anyone is interested.
    Derek

Default Re: MX 8

Looks good, plenty of nice improvements. Now the wait to see what goodies pro has in store...
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

I'm wondering what is going on with the branding. It looks like the MX brings the product in line with other Magix titles, and Xara has gone from the product title, yet the copy still talks about Xara Web designer.

Bit of a muddle?

Edit: Aha. I see that MX stands for Media Exchange, not Magix. Hmm..!
    Last edited by pauland; 27 March 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Some of the questions about the new release can be found on the Xara Xone, where we sneaked Gary Priester's excellent "First Look" article in overnight.

First Look at Web Designer MX, not version 8.

And I've just opened a thread on tg's Xara Xone area for Q & A.

Xara Xone chat on WD MX and MX Premium

My Best,

Gary

I've had a look at the new version's features and I have to say that other than the embedded font inclusion I don't see anything else which makes it easier for me to create websites for my clients, I mean what's with the charts? I guess I was just expecting something truly groundbreaking, this seems more like 7.5 than 8. For now I will stick to version 6 and placeholders.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    I've had a look at the new version's features and I have to say that other than the embedded font inclusion I don't see anything else which makes it easier for me to create websites for my clients, I mean what's with the charts? I guess I was just expecting something truly groundbreaking, this seems more like 7.5 than 8. For now I will stick to version 6 and placeholders.
    Text styles.

Text styles are a nice addition bu I just expected something that would make it more of an upgrade to keep up with the latest developments by others.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Text styles are a nice addition bu I just expected something that would make it more of an upgrade to keep up with the latest developments by others.
    I think it a very impressive upgrade. The text styles really make it for me. I don't like grubbing around in CSS. I would much rather change text globally this way.

And while I am here, can I point out to instructional designers that we can now open PowerPoint files. That is really going to speed up my design work in Articulate, for one.

Love it. I suppose it is horses for courses. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Everyone else - enjoy.

Ali

The automatic resize feature for text boxes is nice.

jq eye catcher widets change in size are an improvemt. It would nice if it included a in house blog feature, its a pain to name pics filename="" so they dont export with a number. Also expected john horns tweaks to be included. Is it possible for xara to use the wysiwyg and export a mobile version or some sort of mobile compatability?