Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why do I loose my txt when i change its colour and can i anchor the width of box?

Oh and how do I draw a box with coloured border?

Is it possible to change order of webpages and do the nav tabs follow the re-arrangment automatically?

Sorry i'm new and just finding my way and answers to these would be v helpful - you'll realise i don't have and designer background!

Also, I'm using the icon web template and i've edited the front page a lot - now i've lost the left box and also in the middle box i seem to have got a part in the middle that acts as tho there is a margin there when you type - but the margins are much wider and there seems to be no red line there limiting the width of the txt - don't no what i've done - any suggestions?? I'd like to be able to use the full width of the box and it looks really manky

You can make a text area larger or smaller by dragging on the corners with the Text Tool.

Tx for your help
    Jillie
    Last edited by gwpriester; 21 March 2012 at 07:07 PM.

Default Re: Why do I loose my txt when i change its colour and can i anchor the width of box?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Oh and how do I draw a box with coloured border?
    Use the Rectangle Tool. After you draw a rectangle, right click on any color on the screen palette and select Set Line Color. You can increase the line width on the Infobar at the top of the page.

Is it possible to change order of webpages and do the nav tabs follow the re-arrangment automatically?
    You can reorder the pages in the Page and Layout Gallery. Drag and drop a page into a new position. Double click on the Navigation Bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties dialog. You can drag and drop these pages to change the page order. Click on the page title and type in a new title if you want.

Sorry i'm new and just finding my way and answers to these would be v helpful - you'll realise i don't have and designer background!

Also, I'm using the icon web template and i've edited the front page a lot - now i've lost the left box and also in the middle box i seem to have got a part in the middle that acts as tho there is a margin there when you type - but the margins are much wider and there seems to be no red line there limiting the width of the txt - don't no what i've done - any suggestions?? I'd like to be able to use the full width of the box and it looks really manky
    I am not sure what you are asking.

You can make a text area larger or smaller by dragging on the corners with the Text Tool.

If you are using a Text Panel in the template, then click on the text with the Text Tool. There will be a red outline under the first line of the text. You can drag this line with the Text Tool to make the text wider or narrower.

The text panels that say they only expand vertically will get loner if you add more text but you cannot adjust the width.

Tx for your help
    Jillie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text box.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	88179  

Default Re: Why do I loose my txt when i change its colour and can i anchor the width of box?

Thanks for those tips - i'm getting a much better understanding of the software so thank you for your help
    BUT
    I now have a box which i dragged from the Icon Themes Samples onto my home page - and i can't delete it!! I can't select it and its partly under the footer banner so I wonder if its somthing to do with layers - but most things in the 'arrange' tab are greyed out - it would be the home page wouldn't it -
    any suggestions plse - I can't upload until its fixed and i'm so frustrated!!

Hi Jillie

Assuming that WD7 has the same feature as DP7, click the "3 padlock" icon in the page and layer gallery to make all layers and objects editable. this should allow you to delete the box. Click the icon again to return things to normal.

Tx so much - it works - so grateful!!