Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: support for Wacom Intuos Airbrush Digital Pen

If I were in your shoes I would try & buy the right tool for the job as Steve has suggested. Steve stated that PS might be the tool but if I was in your shoes and was doing this a lot in either a professional or semi way then Adobe Premiere Pro would be the tool to use. If however you were only doing this occasionally then Adobe Elements does nearly the same as PS does and it is a lot cheaper to buy. Don't just stop looking at Adobe products as there are lots more programmes which will suit your needs so do a bit of research download a few and see which you prefer.

To answer your first question the Intuuos works really well with the Freehand Tool as I have gone from Graphire up to Intuos but still don't use it enough as it is really better suited for a bitmap programme than a vector one!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Guest Guest

I'm quite surprised that so many people call Tablet-Support in Xara good or even very good.
    I can't share this point of view - I would call that wiggly Stroking possible with my Cintiq basic at best.
    There's no soft and responsive Support for Presure-Sensitity, no Pen-Tilt-Support. There's no interactive way to access Tool-Hardness and Width,
    no support for the Backside of the Pen (Erazer in many Apps). Seems only few People here have used a Tablet outside of Xara.
    Last edited by polyxo; 23 March 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    If I were in your shoes I would try & buy the right tool for the job as Steve has suggested. Steve stated that PS might be the tool but if I was in your shoes and was doing this a lot in either a professional or semi way then Adobe Premiere Pro would be the tool to use. If however you were only doing this occasionally then Adobe Elements does nearly the same as PS does and it is a lot cheaper to buy. Don't just stop looking at Adobe products as there are lots more programmes which will suit your needs so do a bit of research download a few and see which you prefer.

To answer your first question the Intuuos works really well with the Freehand Tool as I have gone from Graphire up to Intuos but still don't use it enough as it is really better suited for a bitmap programme than a vector one!
    There are a lot of helpful responses here! I'm not doing this [rotoscoping] professionally, but creatively, and I do have Adobe P-Elements. I have not used it much, but will look into what it offers. However, I was quite impressed with the possibilities within Painter, when I had a copy of it a while back. I do video work for the Salvation Army and I'm just looking for some creative angles to explore for video.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post

I have used a tablet in the past with Painter, and I liked what I could do with it. It seems the pen and tablet technology has come a long way since then and that, at least Painter supports it's potentials quite comprehensively.I will probably be eventually be using both Painter and Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by polyxo View Post
    I'm quite surprised that so many people call Tablet-Support in Xara good or even very good.
    I can't share this point of view - I would call that wiggly Stroking possible with my Cintiq basic at best.
    There's no soft and responsive Support for Presure-Sensitity, no Pen-Tilt-Support. There's no interactive way to access Tool-Hardness and Width,
    no support for the Backside of the Pen (Erazer in many Apps). Seems only few People here have used a Tablet outside of Xara.
    Hopefully this will be addressed, nevertheless I see some amazing work being done, here, and I wonder how people are doing it and what tools and technologies are being utilized.