Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default support for Wacom Intuos Airbrush Digital Pen

Hi. This is my first post.

Does Xara support this pen or others, and if so, how does it stack up in terms of what types of pens and or tablets some of you are currently using? Secondly, does Xara support video frame rotoscoping at all like Painter does?

Default Re: support for Wacom Intuos Airbrush Digital Pen

Xara isn't a raster (bitmap) editor. It's a vector graphic illrustation application like Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw are vector apps.
    Xara cannot import video frames.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Xara isn't a raster (bitmap) editor. It's a vector graphic illrustation application like Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw are vector apps.
    Xara cannot import video frames.
    Ok. I just got Designer 7 yesterday and was looking for some fast answers. I've worked somewhat with Illustrator and CorelDraw and I've seen the benefits of vector resolution and such. It appears I can't mix the rasterized image with the vector image.

But what of the pens, is there anything to be said about that topic and if they are useful here, as certainly I would think they would be. Is there any comment about the Wacom Intuos Airbrush Digital Pen or any other pen?

Hello Kreative,

I don't have that Intuos tablet. But they do work well with XDP. And you can mix bitmap images with vector in XDP very well. Do a search for videos here and at the Xara User's forum for techniques and abilities.

Take care, Mike

Hi Kreative, welcome to TalkGraphics.

I have not use an Intuos Tablet and Pen but there are several members that do or have use that model before upgrading to a Cintiq. It is a bit late in the evening for those members however they will be along within a few hours or so.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Kreative, welcome to TalkGraphics.

I have not use an Intuos Tablet and Pen but there are several members that do or have use that model before upgrading to a Cintiq. It is a bit late in the evening for those members however they will be along within a few hours or so.
    Thanks for your answers, Soquili and Mwenz. I hope to hear from others concerning the pen and what options I might have with video editing and rotoscoping possibilities. It seems like this is an excellent and creative community here, and I'm excited about being here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreative View Post
    It appears I can't mix the rasterized image with the vector image.
    Yes you can, but that wasn't the original question.

.........and what options I might have with video editing and rotoscoping possibilities.
    Xara cannot import video as I already mentioned. How have you proceeded with this process up until now?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes you can, but that wasn't the original question.

Xara cannot import video as I already mentioned. How have you proceeded with this process up until now?
    In the past I used Painter to import video and add art to video on a frame by frame basis. I need to get another [expensive] copy of Painter, I guess, since it can do so many things. But, I still like Xara for what I can do with DTP and photo and art. And if I can mix raster and vector imaging, i'll find more creative ways of incorporating imagery into my video, even if I can't import video into Xara.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I don't have a wacom tablet, but I do have a Genius tablet and it works very well with Xara. I can use the Freehand/brush tool and the pressure sensitivity mode and draw quite fluidly. Also with brushes that are created with named colours it is very easy to switch colours while drawing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

In the past I used Painter to import video and add art to video on a frame by frame basis. I need to get another [expensive] copy of Painter, I guess, since it can do so many things.
    PhotoShop Cs6 can now work with video on a timeline. From the demos I've seen you can can work with frames as you would with single images.
    There's a free beta download to try.

But, I still like Xara for what I can do with DTP and photo and art. And if I can mix raster and vector imaging, i'll find more creative ways of incorporating imagery into my video, even if I can't import video into Xara.
    Yes, Xara is a terrific application for a great many things and it's fast as well. I'd be lost without it.
    But as many will tell you, brushes are in need of great improvement. You will soon find that using Xara brushes will bring your PC to it's knees.