Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Old worn, and powerful book

I just completed this and would like your criticism. How could it be made better? Did I go too far with the Fractal clouds? I want to put this in the clip art forum (not that anyone would want it) but I wanted your feedback first.The ragged spine is based on an image I found on the web but wanting to credit that, I could no longer find it.
    The light rays are supposed to be coming from inside showing the contained power just aching to get out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	book.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	87231
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Old worn, and powerful book

Looks very old Larry, I would be afraid to touch the pages fearing they would crumble.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I really like it Larry, and if you would like to donate the file to the clip art Gallery that would be great and very generous of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

OK Frances into the clip art gallery it goes. and thank you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Looks as old as I feel some days, Larry.

How sad for you Gary.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

your design is very nice, you try to book it on wood floors can look better, I like classic beauty

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that instead of a white background that I should use a shiny wood floor?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

I believe the thought would be a nice, worn wood table or floor as the base for the image would look nice. Think old library table.

Unless you desire to juxtapose the old, worn look against a bright, shiny surface and background. For which some of the elements you have fit the magic theme of the book.

The cover is very nice, but I believe the wore-away spine end should be treated different. Got an old, wore-out book you could look at? I think one would be able to see some of the gathered signatures, and if so, should show some wore through and ragged and some still together.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I believe the thought, worn wood table or floor as the base for the image would look nice. Think old library table.
    I think one would be able to see some of the gathered signatures, and if so, should show some wore through and ragged and some still together.

Take care, Mike
    Thanks Mike, I'll look into that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509