I recently did a site for a local charity( Scottish Rite Masonic Dyslexia Learning Center ). Despite it being a pretty simple site it was a royal pain as I was given almost NOTHING to go on initially to get me started. One of those we want a site but don't know what we want so you just do it things. I learned a long time ago that leads to nothing but trouble so I was very wary about agreeing to do it.

It never seems to fails that when you agree to that kind of situation after you do the work the client always wants something else. I am sure some of you have been there too. However, as it was for a good cause, and seeing as my Dad is a Mason( no connection to the charity/center ), I agreed to do it and volunteered my time to boot.

I was given a couple graphic files and one paragraph about the center to build the site on. That was it. They sent a couple teddy bear images that are the logo of the charity and a couple Scottish Rite logos if I wanted to add them. That was it. Before looking at the site check out what I had to work with( I didn't use the Scottish Rite images )...

Thankfully the liason they assigned to assist me was a tremendous amount of help and got back to me right away when I requested things. I finished it up a couple days ago. Overall I am pretty happy with it. Nothing fancy but nothing fancy called for here.

The Board Of Directors meeting for the Center was last night so I finally heard back on it. They were very happy with what I did and no changes needed to be made. There are some things they want to add down the road but they are good with what I did. Phew. I guess they liked the header so much they are going to have it reproduced in vinyl for the building's street front window.

Here is the site. Thanks for looking.

http://www.seacoastlearningcenter.org/