Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "serious error" "access violation" during blend

Hi, when using Xara Designer Pro 6, blending a simple line into another, I get a "serious error" message and Xara crashes.

Is there a resource anyone can recommend to help decipher the associated log file?

I'd really like to learn to decipher the log file myself, since like everyone else, I'm in love with Xara, but in case there is no good resource, the log file is attached.

Being a newbie, another question is: does the forum search support boolean operators?

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: "serious error" "access violation" during blend

Welcome to TalkGraphics

These things happen. The question is, can you reproduce the AV?

I have found that often something that creates an AV and closes the program, does not product the AV when I shut down and attempt to recreate the problem.

Why this happens is anybodys guess.

One of the programmers could probably tell you what all the references refer to.

Hello Atreides, welcome to TalkGraphics.

The best resource to decypher the log is Xara Development Team. The log contains information about processes running on your system and the Xara Developers can determine if there is anything unusual happening.

If you look at the log inside a text editor like notepad you can read the information but without an extensive knowledge of how Windows operates internally and how Designer Pro 6 works within the OS, it is very confusing.

The tenth line of the file shows you are running Designer Pro 6 fileVersion: 6.1.1.13205. You seem to be missing at least one update because the version I have on my machine is 6.1.2.13287 dated Jul 7 2010.

You can install the update(s) by going to the Help menu > Update program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sorry for the late reply - of course I got around the crash by redrawing the line and redoing the blend. Anyway, with the original curve I could always get the access violation, eventually, by changing the number of steps in the blend. If anyone is interested, I can upload the .xar file...

I'd suggest submitting a support ticket to Xara regarding this at http://support.xara.com and attach your file with the ticket.

Send them a simple copy of the file that causes this access violation along with the exact steps that cause it to occur.

The simpler the file is (with it still causing the error) the easier it is to find the problem.