Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel Draw X6 vs Five

Is it time for an upgrade? I use Corel Draw 5 a lot for tracing and making vectors with their B-spline tool. It seems like every version and upgrade just gets higher and higher. They have a special price of $199.00 now. I can maybe buy last year's golf driver for that.

http://www.corel.com/corel/product/i...id=prod4260069
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw X6 vs Five

Quote Originally Posted by georgetroy View Post
    Is it time for an upgrade? I use Corel Draw 5 a lot for tracing and making vectors with their B-spline tool. It seems like every version and upgrade just gets higher and higher. They have a special price of $199.00 now. I can maybe buy last year's golf driver for that.

http://www.corel.com/corel/product/i...id=prod4260069
    Go search for a coupon code online. I got 20 percent off plus the free shipping. 53 bucks less. $159.20 is what it cost me. Shipping is normally 13 bucks. Free shipping is offered in the exclusive email from Corel. The reason for me was the 64 bit version. Mulit-core too but I'm sure X5 had that too. Finally...more than 2 gig of ram to use. Still tinkering around with it. CorelDRAW constantly goes on sale but since it's new it probably won't be for awhile. The best thing to do is wait for a sale to combine with a coupon.

As a hint: I've found when you uninstall a trial version of a corel product...if you wait for a few days after a coupon code is sent to you for trying out the software. This has happened after trying out multiple trials in the past. I didn't try it with CorelDRAW X6 as I found one on the internet. Also...when you buy a corel product when the confirmation is sent to you...there is a 10% off your next purchase code in the receipt. Also I noticed that my shipping email also contained a 15% off your next purchase code. That was for other Corel software. I'm waiting for X6 to ship still. It's next week I'm sure.

This might have been the coupon:
    20% OFF any order (Hurry! limited time). Coupon Code:SAVEME20

It's freely available on coupon sites.
    Last edited by Cholkan; 21 March 2012 at 07:56 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw X6 vs Five

I did get my boxed copy at the price above. $159.20

I been fooling around with X6 and I really like it. Don't care for the Connect feature but the rest is good. Other than the 64 bit support I don't know if it's really worth the upgrade from X5. There is alot of little things though that make it better and for some it's really worth it.

The trial shows you if it's worth it.
    IP