Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara X10 and Eye Candy 7

Does anybody know if Eye Candy 7 plays any more nicely with Xara X10 than it did with Xara X9?

Regards,
    Alan

Default Re: Xara X10 and Eye Candy 7

Alan, Angelize posted something about that somewhere. As I recall it does not, because the developers changed something in the code and now it will no longer work in Xara and they do not plan to fix it because PS is their main focus and they do not care about us. I hope I got that right. If not Sorry. At any rate Frances will probably be along to set the record straight.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You got it right. I spoke with Eye Candy myself. Forget EC7 for Xara 10. I am using the older versions without a problem in Xara 10

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi guys, sadly that's right. To be clear though it's the Alien Skin developers who don't want to bother fixing the plug in to work with Xara programs. I've been looking to try and find a link to where EC 6 might be purchased, but so far have found none. I'm lucky enough to have EC 6 and it works with Xara without problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Just a Thought. I set Photoshop as the Xara image editor. You have to convert to a bitmap to use PS as a host. Rich