Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Webstyle4 is an absolutely fantastic web site design tool once you take the time to experiment with it and learn how it works in conjunction with your other web creation and graphic software tools.

I'm using Webstyle 4 together with Namo WebEditor 5.5, XaraX, Adobe Photoshop 7.0, SwishMax and U-Lead Gif Animator to further enhance the basic pages generated by Webstyle4. In the last two days, I even added an RSS feed with Javascript to one of the template pages I modified to accomodate it.

Wish list:
    1. Theme co-ordinated labels - "new", "e-mail"
    2. Theme co-ordinated banners
    3. Theme co-ordinated calendar templates
    4. Ability to generate a "blank" theme co-ordinated page ie. just the theme header, theme menu bar, theme footer and theme background color while preserving the overall page size ie. add own tables.

About above-item 4:
    I've had to delete page elements I didn't need from existing template pages in order to make new pages theme consistent. I've been able to do this through trial and error since I'm not real good at understanding html but it's really time consuming. Would be nice if the "Save" function gave you a choice of which elements you wanted to keep.

Anyway, here's the link to the site in case anyone wants to take a look at it and comment. It's a Habitat for Humanity site.

I'm especially interested in knowing if anything doesn't work properly or looks strange on a person's screen since not everyone uses my same browser or screen resolution. (Special Events and Reprintable Material pages are not activated) Everything else should work. Thanks.

Richard

http://www.fayettecountyhabitat.org

Webstyle4 is an absolutely fantastic web site design tool once you take the time to experiment with it and learn how it works in conjunction with your other web creation and graphic software tools.

I'm using Webstyle 4 together with Namo WebEditor 5.5, XaraX, Adobe Photoshop 7.0, SwishMax and U-Lead Gif Animator to further enhance the basic pages generated by Webstyle4. In the last two days, I even added an RSS feed with Javascript to one of the template pages I modified to accomodate it.

Wish list:
    1. Theme co-ordinated labels - "new", "e-mail"
    2. Theme co-ordinated banners
    3. Theme co-ordinated calendar templates
    4. Ability to generate a "blank" theme co-ordinated page ie. just the theme header, theme menu bar, theme footer and theme background color while preserving the overall page size ie. add own tables.

About above-item 4:
    I've had to delete page elements I didn't need from existing template pages in order to make new pages theme consistent. I've been able to do this through trial and error since I'm not real good at understanding html but it's really time consuming. Would be nice if the "Save" function gave you a choice of which elements you wanted to keep.

Anyway, here's the link to the site in case anyone wants to take a look at it and comment. It's a Habitat for Humanity site.

I'm especially interested in knowing if anything doesn't work properly or looks strange on a person's screen since not everyone uses my same browser or screen resolution. (Special Events and Reprintable Material pages are not activated) Everything else should work. Thanks.

Richard

http://www.fayettecountyhabitat.org

Good work on the site...I am the Vice President of my college campus chapter of HFH(will be President next semester). Anyway, just wanted to complement you on the good work. Actually, our chapter did Collegiate Challenge in Texas last spring break. Habitat for Humanity is awesome!!

Thanks for the compliments and for taking a look. I take it that the site worked properly for you.

This Habitat site is different from other Habitat sites because I'm using scripting, Flash and animated gif's to create lots of movement and user interaction.

Really like Xara products so I've signed on as an associate under their referral program so that anyone who follows the links and buys Xara software used in creating the site also contributes to the local Habitat.

Yes, Habitat is a great organization. It allows me to use my graphic design skills as well as my construction skills to do something worthwhile for the community.

Richard

I would love the ability to actually have an integrated link to Xara X.

I have done the manual trawling into the theme files to find the vectors that I want to change.

For example, I might like the general background etc, but might want to change the company logos, or integrate them with the theme. Would be nice to click on the Title header say, and edit each section in Xara X, then return the result to Webstyle for processing (exporting) again later to the sites actual images. This would be really good.

Whilst I can do it currently, I hate modifying peoples original code/source, and I am sure others that are more graphical-designers and perhaps not as familiar with some of the theme file extensions would like a means to almost graphically alter aspects of a theme they would like to use as the base.

They might want to completely change the title/footer graphics, but keep the main layout of the page.

Would also be nice to be able to build your own themes to share/etc.

Regards http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif