Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDF export from XD Pro 7

How can I export a pdf/x for commercial printing and have the black text export as 100% process black, not cmyk tints? Thanks for your help!

Default Re: PDF export from XD Pro 7

Use 100% K for the text color when you desire 100% K text. If in doubt, use the color editor to check your text.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-31 12-44-37_Output Preview.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	88443

The screen shot is from Acrobat showing 100% K text. The "sampling cursor" in Acrobat is highlighted in light yellow.

Take care, Mike

Edit to add...there is also a Pantone color showing in this screen shot because I was reusing a saved sample file for someone else...
    Last edited by mwenz; 31 March 2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added info on the Pantone color in the screen shot.

Thanks Mike, I do exactly that. I set the type to 100% K, process black. Then when I export to a pdf/x1a the type is make up of 4 color process tints, not 100% black. I have tried this a number of times, always with the same result. When I check the colors in Acrobat Pro 9 the type is made of 4 color tints.
    Any other suggestions?? Thanks for your help. Lew

Try sliding the 100 k slider down a little, then back to 100%.

Oh. In the Options dialog, what are your units set to? Should be percent. And do you have CMYK set for the Edit local colors option on the View tab of Options?

Worse comes to worse, can you email the file to me or post it here?

Take care, Mike

That last tip that Mike gave you works at all times for me. One other tip I would suggest but this is not for 100% K but for clean crisp text is to use layers and have your text as the top layer. If it is a very simple doc. then at least have the text to the top of your drawing stack.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Mike, I set CMYK to edit local colors in the options view tab. And that fixed the problem. This has been a problem for me for years and thanks to you it will no longer be a problem, thaks very, very much. Lew

Albacore, Mike's tip worked fine. And I thank you for your tip, I will do that in future. Thanks again, Lew