Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: How Do I Install Photoshop Plug-in in Photo & Graphic 7?

does make it easier when you have PS as well

legacy versions are sometimes better with xara designer but no hard and fast rule...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok I've re-read the thread

if you are using the method that sledger showed in his video then as others have said the following path in not correct:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara-Photo_Graphic_Designer_7\Xara Picture Edtitor\PSplug-ins\Downloaded Plug-ins\

you do not want your luce plugin in the Xara Picture Editor tree - if that is where it is then that may well be your problem [do not worry about why there is reference to this in the manual, that is for specific cases]

make a folder call it ' my downloaded xara plugins' or whatever meaningful unique name you want - put your luce 8bf file in this folder, put the folder at c:\ and then use sledgers method to set it up - it should then work; if not then I give up

EDit - oh and remove it from the c:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara-Photo_Graphic_Designer_7\Xara Picture Edtitor\PSplug-ins\Downloaded Plug-ins\ location, don't leave a copy there
    Ok. Thanks for all the help guys. I tried it all over again, and it still does not work for me. Here are screen pictures of everything. Maybe someone can tell by them where I went wrong. If not, then I give up as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows File Manager.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	88164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Browse For Folder.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	88165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plug-in Location Set-up.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	88166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final One (Missing Plug-ins).jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	88167

After the third picture, I did click "OK" then "Apply" and then "OK". I even tried to close the program afterwards and then reopen it, hoping that it would take effect.

Please, notice that in the last picture, the plug-in does not even show. I know that one of the plug-ins is not a .8bf, but the other one is. I hope this will help some to be able to understand where I am going wrong. I am sure that I am not understanding you guys correctly. I am a complete newbie at this graphic design stuff. So, if anyone can look at these pictures and be able to help me to get the plug-in installed like you guys have been doing, then I would be happy to know where I went wrong and also how to fix it.

When you give me instructions on what to do, pretend that you are trying to explain it to a child because I don't know much. Thanks again for all your help and patience.

Sincerely,
    KeithH

Hi
    I'm suprised you haven't cracked this yet, I hadn't noticed it was still ongoing. I've nothing else useful to add I'm afraid, if you have followed all the advice you've been given by the various people who have responded I can't se why you still have problems. The only thing I would try if I was in the same situation would be to uninstall and then re-install Xara, which is a pain in the neck and smacks of desperation but I couldn't think of anything else to suggest..
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Hi
    I'm suprised you haven't cracked this yet, I hadn't noticed it was still ongoing. I've nothing else useful to add I'm afraid, if you have followed all the advice you've been given by the various people who have responded I can't se why you still have problems. The only thing I would try if I was in the same situation would be to uninstall and then re-install Xara, which is a pain in the neck and smacks of desperation but I couldn't think of anything else to suggest..
    Derek
    Judging from my earlier post with the photos, does it look like I did it right? Even though it is not showing in the last picture?

As far as I can judge, yes it seems to be right. My Plugins Folder has more junk in it and the path is different but it amounts to the same thing and all relevant plugins show up in Designer as they are meant to.
    Sorry can't be more constuctive.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	88170  

Keith, can you close Xara, restart your PC then start Xara as adminstrator (right-click the desktop icon and choose 'run as administrator')
    Now try adding your plugin folder as described.

Keith Xara is a 32-bit application and you are trying to use a 64-bit plug-in. Please extract the x86 version of the plug-in to your downloaded plug-ins folder.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes, that will definitely be it Bill. I can see now after viewing the full size screenshot he has the 64bit version in the folder.
    Easy mistake to make Keith

@handrawn.
    Trying to use Luce on a bitmap in P&GD7 fails miserably here. Usually nothing appears in the Luce UI and generates a fine error when it does
    As I say, works fine via PS and returned to Xara.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luce.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	88175  

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Keith Xara is a 32-bit application and you are trying to use a 64-bit plug-in. Please extract the x86 version of the plug-in to your downloaded plug-ins folder.
    That was it ---Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My menu now looks like sledger's in post 19.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes, that will definitely be it Bill. I can see now after viewing the full size screenshot he has the 64bit version in the folder.
    Easy mistake to make Keith

@handrawn.
    Trying to use Luce on a bitmap in P&GD7 fails miserably here. Usually nothing appears in the Luce UI and generates a fine error when it does
    As I say, works fine via PS and returned to Xara.
    Thanks for the help. I am getting the same exact message as you show in this post's picture. But at least the plugin shows in the menu, so know I know how to do it.

Do you guys know of any decent plugins that do work in P&GD7? I do not have a new PhotoShop.

Also, thanks for all the help. You guys have been a blessing. Like I said, I am a newbie at this, and computers for that matter, so your patience is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,
    KeithH