Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

pgd6 export animation as series of .pngs

I use the animation tools in P&GD7, but currently there are only options to export as a gif, flash, or AVI. An option to export to a series of numbered .png files would be a huge time saver for me (and/or export using the name of each frame). Right now i have to export each frame by hand, and since png export doesn't export "page" by default, and won't remember previous export settings, thats a *lot* of clicking, and typing.

I think this would make using Xara for app/game animations a much more streamlined experience!

Default Re: export animation as series of .pngs

you can do this

on the options tab in the PNG export dialog - tick 'export each layer to a file of its own'

note: before you export you will need to have clicked the 'all frames visible' button on the animation frame gallery, otherwise it will only export the active frame

EDIT- note you should also use the general 'export' file option for this [choosing PNG as file type to save], and not the 'export PNG' option which is really for web use I think and does not give the same options
    Last edited by handrawn; 17 March 2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: add last line and tidy up terminology
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

ah - i saw this, but didn't cross my mind it would work for animation frames - will go give it a try now. Thanks!

basically it exports a file per layer - but in a xara animation document a 'frame' is a [special kind of] layer - and so it should work fine
    Nothing lasts forever...

Just tried - works almost perfectly. The only slight issue is that there's no way to control the final file naming - looks like it's always [export name] [space] [frame/layer name]. I just wish i could get rid of that space! Ah well, i can write a script or something to rename the files.
    Thanks for the help!

no way I know of renaming the files, sorry - but glad to have helped
    Nothing lasts forever...