Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: new feature suggestion - a palette editor

It's ok Bill - don't think I was too clear at first - writing on the hoof as usual....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

What do you think about the tool: Gradient picker / sampler from Serif DrawPlus.
    PDF
    video: 4:30 VIDEO

I think quite a lot of members here have tried DrawPlus at some time and have felt let down by the programme. I looked at your link and yes it is a great tool to sample from a bitmap and the way it works on the logo leaf but the way you have to use it from the palette is I don't think it is what Frances meaning. The way I would like to see it developed is half way to the way that Illustrator works, not fully as Illy is too much, as the difference between swatches, colour guide and colour Panel is overtly complicated. At the moment the interface that we have is very 1990's and I agree with Frances here some development is required maybe with a simplified colour guide so that you could save and import to your colour palette or panel whatever you want to call it. Have a look if you can't remember the way Illy handles the colour palette and colour guide (it's a bit long 17 mins). http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-evan...ite-shows-how/
    Last edited by Albacore; 29 March 2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Missed placing link
    Design is thinking made visual.