Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My new site looks terrible on a mobile phone - text overlap

HI
    Please can someone help me... i've just designed and launched my new site with Xara Web Designer 7. It looks ok unless you're viewing it from a mobile device and then the text is all overlapped. what can I do please?
    it's not perfect in some PC/Macs either, depends which web browser is used.

THank you.

Default Re: My new site looks terrible on a mobile phone - text overlap

Unless you specifically designed for mobile browsers, standard Xara created sites are not suitable for mobile devices.
    As far as looking different in various browsers, this might be due zoom levels of those browsers.
    Best bet is to post your URL and/or xara file here for folks to check for you.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 17 March 2012 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Unless you specifically designed for mobile browsers, standard Xara created sites are not suitable for mobile devices.
    As far as looking different in various browsers, this might be due zoom levels of those browsers.
    Best bet is to post your URL and/or xara file here for folks to check for you.
    Thank you. it is www.lyntpoloclub.com
    All advice very gratefully received!

Looks fine in Firefox but not so terrific on my iPad. One thing I noticed and this might be what is causing trouble, the serif font you are using is very condensed and on the iPad the font is showing regular without being condensed.

You might want to make that text a bitmap (just group the text - Arrange > Group and it will export as a bitmap).

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Looks fine in Firefox but not so terrific on my iPad. One thing I noticed and this might be what is causing trouble, the serif font you are using is very condensed and on the iPad the font is showing regular without being condensed.

You might want to make that text a bitmap (just group the text - Arrange > Group and it will export as a bitmap).

thank you so much for looking I will do as you suggest.
    Just to be absolutely clear the titles are in Birch Std and the body text is Arial. It is Birch that we're talking about isn't it..?

If you use fonts that aren't web-safe, you risk running into trouble.

Yes, Birch is the one. And as I don't have Birch installed on my computer it defaults to Times Roman which I am sure is not what you wanted.