Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Exporting

Default Re: Exporting

Carl you may not have show known file extension enabled. One of the worst decisions Microsoft has ever made was making the system default to not show file extensions.

If you want to see the file extension open Control Panel > Folder Options. Click the View tab and then untick the Hide extension for known file types.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

One more time, you might try to uninstall the program and then remove any folders to what ever version of xara you are using, not all of them, just the relevant one to your particular program. Then reboot your computer and reinstall (not repair) Xara. You will probably need to re-enter your ser. no. and re-register. Hope this helps.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I have tried all the above except your input Larry. I am going to give it up for tonight and give it a go tomorrow again. I will try your solution Larry and hope that works. I got into a thing awhile ago that wanted me to change onwership of the program. It had no name and I changed it to admin. hoping that would work then right clicked the icon and did the run as aminastrator thing and still will not open. Maybe it is the folders Larry. I will uninstall tomorrow morning and try to find all the stuff related to Xara and delete all I can find, then reboot and re-install. If that don't work I will have to contact support. I hate to do that because of the time involved. It has run for over 6 months on this computer. All this just happened tonight when I tried to export using CMX, which I have done before. It was telling me that there was a internal error. Now after working on it the program won't even open. It is really flusterating. Thanks to all, maybe with your input I can get it going tomorrow. BTW, I am using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 if that helps. Running on Windows 7 64 bit.
    Carl

Carl, don't remove all Xara folders if you are using more than one Xara program. Only the folder pertaining to the program you are having trouble with.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry, seems like I had one Xara folder that was causing all the problem. I had to change ownership of that folder in order to delete it. After I did that and re-installed the program opens, but still will not let me export to cmx format. I don't have a clue as to what is wrong. I know it is something simple, but just can't figure it out. This thing has about drove me to drink. LOL.
    Although I will keep trying to find the problem I don't think I will do a uninstall or repair again. Shoot I even tried a restore and that did not work either.
    Hope some of you have more input for me.
    Thanks for all the help so far, it is much appreciated.
    Carl

Carl did you run the program as Administrator after it installed?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes Sir, I followed both you and Larry's instructions to a "T"
    At least it opens now and I can work in it. I just can't export to Corel in a workable format. I will keep trying something different every now and then.
    Thanks Bill
    Carl

I just tried exporting to cmx and it worked for me so now I wonder. Are you able to export png, jpg, bmp?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Carl does CMX show in the export list of file types?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes Bill It has 2 types of cmx shown on the export tab. one is cmx 5 16 bit. The other is cmx 6 32 bit.
    I would not know how to fix it but was wondering if I my Xara CD is for a 32 bit system since I was running XP-3 when I ordered the upgrade from Xtreme. I was first running Xara1, upgraded to Xtreme, then to Photo graphic 6. Just thinking outloud.
    Carl