Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Exporting

Hybrid View

Default Exporting

Having trouble with export from Xara 6 to Corel Draw. I have used CMX before and it worked. Now I try it and I get an error message that says there is an internal error, and it will not export. I tried png. and it works but when opened in Corel it is not a workable vector. Any suggestions.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Carl

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Exporting

Can Corel import and open a pdf? If so you could try that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I think it can but I'm not sure if it will be workable or not. The reason for all this is I can use Xara better than Corel. But I have a laser machine that uses a program that relies on Corel, so I want the drawing to go to corel but still be able to work with it there so I can do the tweaking I need to do.
    Thanks for you input, I will go now and try the pdf and let you know shortly if it will work. I don't understand what has happened, I have exported in cmx before and had no problems what so ever. Now it won't let me do it.
    Carl

Hi Carl,

Something may have corrupted the CMX export filter. An uninstall and reinstall should fix any problems.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I just tried the pdf thing and it will open, but it is not workable. I cannot use the fill or any of the tools on the objects.
    Bill, do you mean remove Xara all together and re install? Is there not a way to repair from the CD, I will check it out. If not then I will uninstall and re-install as you suggested.
    You know I may not have used the cmx and opened in corel since I changed computers and now have windows 7 64 bit. That may be the problem.
    Carl

You can try to see if there is a repair option using Control Panel Add Remove Programs (XP) or Control Panel Programs and Features (Vista/Windows 7).

I have always simply uninstalled and reinstalled in the past.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update