Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool 15 August Xara Xone - Clock Tutorial II - Featured Artist - FREE

The Clock Tutorial Part II

The Featured Artist Gallery

Remember to reload the pages in your browser if you don't see the current content.

A giant thank you to Derek (masque) for putting together this month's Featured Artist Gallery. I still have no idea how he achieves so much realism in his images. OK, I do understand how he does it. He is incredibly detail oriented and thorough in his drawing. And of course, drawing is seeing, and Derek has very excellent powers of observation. And did I mention talented?

About 40 steps in the conclusion of the clock tutorial. Somewhere near 70 steps in all when you combine both parts. I'm glad that's over.

Your comments, questions, etc. are always welcome. And do show us your finished clocks when you complete the tutorial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15-aug-10-xone-preview.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	75404  

Default Re: 15 August Xara Xone - Clock Tutorial II - Featured Artist - FREE

Love seeing all of Derek's stuff together again.

especially golfist

great to see xtreme art with no fear of textures

nice line in patter too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Lovely art gallery from Derek - and as always a superbly thorough tutorial from Gary. Well done guys

Thumbs up Re: 15 August Xara Xone - Clock Tutorial II - Featured Artist - FREE

Yes, Golfist and the Old Rose and the onion and... ! Incredible !
    This tutorial is a toilsome one Gary ! I'm still working on it...
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Hi for everyone, I would like just answer to this 2010 thread and proudly upload that was able to execute the Clock Tutorial

This was a Xara weekend for me as had time calmly draw, not a shame on my level but in summary probably 8 hours was in total. With a lot of deep points mentally when felt that lost and can not follow, also sometimes had to go back and check again the steps because I missed to do something. But so finally a clock really came out from it

It is an amazing experience anyway that a vector graphic program is how mathematically accurate with the angles, like really a clock with a metafora.

And just a big thank for Gary as without any doubts the most can be learn from such descriptive and details tutorials.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clock.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	88105

great work ... nice art

Thanks. It took a very long time to do.

Yes I can imagine.. But it is great that you did.